Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cosmos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

N00bbuilder79

N00bbuilder79

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I know its an old'ish case (Coolermaster Cosmos S) but as its sat round not doing anything I am going to put a water cooled build in it.
I understand that you can fit a 360 rad in the roof of the case, firstly what rads will fit up there and is there enough space to set it up as push/pull or is there only enough space for fans on one side with the rad fitted?

Thanks in advance
The internet is just a FAD, it'll never catch on!!

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
depending on how clever you are with your cd-rom etc, you can fit a push-pull. Just put the top fans in the top cavity, the rad suspended underneath and the lower fans attached to rad.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

N00bbuilder79

N00bbuilder79

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
That makes sense, cheers. Any rads that def won't fit in that config or are pretty all 360's gonna fit?

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
Off the top of my head, the space between most mobos and top of the case is 80mm

Most radiators are around 50-55mm...think thermochill(which i have in mine(all be it a quad ;) )) is 54ish...

This makes it too much of a squeeze to get push pull in. However if you go with 20mm fans it would fit.

Of course this depends on the mobo. A lot these days dont have a top row of mosfets so yr main clearance issue would be against the memory slots!

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

depending on how clever you are with your cd-rom etc, you can fit a push-pull. Just put the top fans in the top cavity, the rad suspended underneath and the lower fans attached to rad.

+1

Is how I've done every cosmos s I've built (5 or 6 now, including 3 at once linky

Posted Image

Posted Image

As Aaron mentioned, can be a bit tight on clearance if you have mosfet heatsinks on the top edge of your mobo, but so long as you do have clearance (even if only 1-2mm) you're good to go.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
yeah OneEyeUK has a HUGE fetish for cosmos s cases lol but he knows how to handle them when it comes to watercooling.
Posted Image

Posted Image

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Heh, tbh, it's not me but a lot of my friends/aquaintences that have the cosmos s fetish.

In fact, I'm not long back from helping a mate in Swindon rejigging the loop in his cosmos s to accomodate a new gfx he got for christmas.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

N00bbuilder79

N00bbuilder79

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Cheers for the help fellas, guess I can get ordering bits now I know it will fit push/pull.
Anyone willing to recommend some good fans for the job?

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
I've used the Cosmos S in my Galileo build - originally done in October '08 but re-done in March '09 and January '10 (clickys are links to the relevant build logs).

My radiator is a XSPC R120-T (they don't make them any more but they're great rads) - my rad spacing is slightly off, I've had to use the centre fan to mount the rad with the outer two being mounted if the holes lined up.

Fans have gone from Xilence LEDs to Xlience RedWings, but it really depends on your radiator. High fin density usually means you can use lower CFM fans and vice versa :)

Edit - just realised the photos in the first log are all dead, full gallery is here: http://www.cwatson.o...llery/computers :)

YouTube vid of the rig

Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

I've used the Cosmos S in my Galileo build - originally done in October '08 but re-done in March '09 and January '10 (clickys are links to the relevant build logs).

My radiator is a XSPC R120-T (they don't make them any more but they're great rads) - my rad spacing is slightly off, I've had to use the centre fan to mount the rad with the outer two being mounted if the holes lined up.

Fans have gone from Xilence LEDs to Xlience RedWings, but it really depends on your radiator. High fin density usually means you can use lower CFM fans and vice versa :)

Edit - just realised the photos in the first log are all dead, full gallery is here: http://www.cwatson.o...llery/computers :)

YouTube vid of the rig

nice set up Craig :) cables could be made neater :-P

hehehe but awsome case dude :) What is the sound card you using? i am tempted to get a sound card...... but i am not sure whats good and whats a bad sound card.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
Looks like Asus Xonar, not sure which model though...

My Blog => http://adriank.org

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

nice set up Craig :) cables could be made neater :-P

hehehe but awsome case dude :) What is the sound card you using? i am tempted to get a sound card...... but i am not sure whats good and whats a bad sound card.

Cheers, cable management isn't one of my strong-points but hopefully it'll be a lot better in my next rig :)

Looks like Asus Xonar, not sure which model though...

It is indeed a Xonar, it's the Essence STX - I don't need any fancy surround stuff so it's an audiophile-grade 2.0 card, absolutely incredible quality, my signal path is Xonar --> Behringer Xenyx 802 mini-mixer --> Cambridge Audio A1 amp --> Kenwood floor-standing speakers. The Essence was about £160 when I bought it, not sure what it retails for now though.
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users