Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Spraying radiator grills

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iain

iain

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hey guys,

i would like to spray my rad grills (I have 3 120mm & 1 360mm) gloss white, but not sure how easy/hard it is. can i simply buy some gloss white spray paint from Halfords & just give the grills a couple of coats, or is there more to it than that (I'm guessing there is)

Cheers & merry Xmas,

iain

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
I would sand over the rad grill to give the paint something to stick to.After a light sanding you should use a grey primer.
A couple of coats should do.Then spray a couple of thin coats of white gloss and wholah,all done.
Some people then use a lacquer on top,to give it a hardened protective finish,plus it makes it shiny. ;)

Andy

iain

iain

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
thanks Andy, cheers mate :)

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Andy pretty much nailed it to be honest.

Grab some wet/dry and rough them up, give the primer something to adhere to.

Couple of coats of primer (may as well use white primer if you're doing a white colour coat).
Couple of colour coats

Finish with lacqer.

Remember though, lots of thin coats is better than fewer heavier coats.

PS: Iain, is it you I did the blue Mountain Mods case for?

marcus.jpg

iain

iain

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Sure is matey. are you back at WCUK now? My case looks good. just making a few updates. getting rid of the blue/green UV look. Going for Enermax Cluster fans, white braid, white tubing, EK D5 pump tops in white (if I can find them) Also, gonna have a go at spraying the rad grills white & my 5.25" bay covers. Only prob is, I have an LG Bluray-RW which is black! cannot find a white bezel anywhere! may have to see if one will fit from another drive.

Merry Xmas! :-)

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Well if you cant find a white bezel

then just paint the bezel white instead.

Simplez.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users