Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Wireless flash triggers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Hello,

Silly question perhaps...but just to be sure.

I have two (well one and one on the way) old pentax AF200T manual flashes. I want to fire them both simultaneously - can I just buy any old wireless trigger/ receiver set on ebay? I'm not after ttl or pttl, just manual :)
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Ermm..its a confusing one,but i beleive,on the premisis,if they run on the same fequencys,i think you can :)

I think its Just the ttl action your after(just fire the flash) no info?

Might also suggest is when your using the flash set up like this,you'll need to use the camera in manual. set the shutter 1 stop slower then your sync speed,as the wireless is a slight bit slow to tell the flash units to fire :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Cheers for the reply :)

Yep not even ttl actually - just completely manual firing and shooting. I'll have to fiddle with the settings but I'll probably have one flash at the 4 o'clock position at about 1/4 power and the other at the 8 o'clock position at about an 1/8th for fill in. I was a bit put off by some of the ebay ads because they list compatible flashes and I hadn't thought if it was a manual setup it would really matter what flash it was - they only seem to use the middle pin to connect the circuit. Perhaps they just list flashes to get more search hits though. I'll take a gamble on a cheap kit and cross my fingers :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll bear that in mind!
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Thats no problem,Other way to do it is do what im doing now with a friends Flash gun,and buy a Hotshoe and use flash extension cables,
All it is,basic TTL signal, means you still set the flash's manually,so you get the benifit of creative flash lighting :)

The ideas of your flash settings might work,but maybe have positions all round the item your photographing if your fixing flashes down perminant? Ie,3,4,5o'clock ect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users