Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Macro bench

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Cool! Well if you manage to get access to them I recommend you try out Zerene Stacker. The 30 day trial gives you full functionality and it's really fun to use: http://zerenesystems.com/stacker/

You may need to figure out a way of moving your camera in small increments or you'll find trying to get stacked shots, or even finding focus at all quite hard work. Rails like this will do the job just fine at fairly low magnifications (up to about 3x life size on the sensor): http://cgi.ebay.co.u...c#ht_1633wt_905
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Thanks! i'll certainly take a little look at these before deciding :)

I'm just going to use my make shift studio set to light it. (two security lights on stand's, They work!)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Yeah they should work fine - obviously you'll need some diffusion, a paper cone on the end of the lens which surrounds the subject should do it :)

I've painted up my subject mover now

Posted Image

Compound table should arrive tomorrow but still waiting on my piece of metal for the lighting base...
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
And the table is in

Posted Image

Not far off actually taking some photos now...which might be nice!

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeah! the waiting will finally pay off :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Lighting stage done - can easily add a second flash the same way later - which is the plan

Posted Image

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Looking good man! I got my Flash last friday,just ordered a set of wireless triggers off Ebay and ive built a softbox! cant wait to do a location shoot! :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Nice! I'm looking for a second flash like the one above - think I'm going to use triggers too so I can unhook them and use for other sorts of shoot when I want to. I also picked up some old bellows on ebay which I'm going to mill the bottom off and attach to that arca swiss plate you can see. Some concerns were raised about possible vibration using such a long amount of extension tubing so I think I'll save those for field work in shorter combinations.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
I started a thing on tumblr, not sure how long I'll bother with it but I've just put an update on this project up there: http://reallysmall.tumblr.com/

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Update on blog, some pictures from it below...nearly there!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Next phase...

Posted Image

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Motor mounting bracket:

Posted Image

Installed:

Posted Image

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Testing basic stepper and camera code: http://reallysmall.t...couple-of-steps

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
What's the purpose of the "ribbed" piece between the camera body and the clear diffuser?

Full on mad scientist stuff this, ha! :D

marcus.jpg

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Bellows! - they're a way of adjusting the distance between the lens and the sensor so the magnification can be adjusted :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Finished! (maybe)

Posted Image

1. M42 bellows modified for arca swiss rail
2. Aluminium adaptor
3. Stepper motor, 200 steps/ revolution
4. Timing gears and belt, 1:2
5. Nikon focus block
6. Stacking controller junction box
7. Pentax AF200T manual flash x 2
8. Zeiss focus block subject stage, magnetic base
9. Magnetic dial test holder
10. Mild steel sheet

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Reminds me of this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

marcus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users