Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Canon PowerShot SX120/130

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
Hello chaps and chapettes,

I've been looking to buy a camera for quite a while now, and I had previously asked for advice on another forum, and came to the conclusion that the Canon PowerShot SX120 was the one for me.

However, since that time, the SX130 has been released. The SX120 is £127 vs £159 for the SX130, the differences being higher resolution, wider lens, 720p video, etc.

My question is, firstly, are there now any other cameras on the market in this price bracket that you would recommend over the above, and if not, would you pay the extra 20% for the SX130?

Thank you for your time. :)

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
Nobody able to offer me some assistance?

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Most point and shoots are the same,thats over all companys,canon,nikon ect.

The Sx130 looks to be a good camera, and for the price its worth the extra cost.

What is it you'll use the camera for?

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

The Sx130 looks to be a good camera, and for the price its worth the extra cost.

Ordered an SX130 the other week for £150 delivered with a 5 year warranty and some freebies.

What is it you'll use the camera for?

Taking photographs. Posted Image

Mainly macro shots.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Haha! was a stupid question. i realised that afterwards :P

The Sx130 has a good review, even for macro. but id suggest if you dont have a Tripod,get one, the Is isnt as good as it is in the Slr's.

Plus it means you can get out and take some good creative shots,as its fully manual.so some blurry River/waterfall photos should be up soon :P

Im considering getting one for when im not carrying my hefty Slr bag. cause its got the basic functions i'd like. and fit into my pocket!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users