Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Winkworth Arboretum & Painshill Park

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Few photos from the weekend, nothing wow but a nice time had

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
love #1, 2 & 3 dont do much for me personally, like #4 - do you have a wider angle of this? would love to know what exactly it is. #5 - nice image but theres nothing to draw me into it, did you use the rule of 3rds etc? maybe focus more on the white building and use that to set your composition up, blur up the foreground a little maybe, the way everything appears pin sharp shouts "auto mode" to me.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Thanks for your comments - very helpful!

4 is my favourite, it's the spindle of a water wheel. There was some great machinery inside but not enough light for photos. I have another shot of the wheel which is a little wider, but not a very good picture. The wheel is designed to lift water out of the river into a header tank which then feeds a small water feature in a nearby ornamental lake. It's only a tiny water feature so the work that went into putting this mill together is ridiculous in contrast. Image of the whole mill from wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia....-Waterwheel.jpg

The last one makes me think of a cheap chocolate box cover, it's not to my taste either, but it's quite a fair representation of what Painshill Park is about - twee landscaping with little building oddities designed to suprise visitors as they come round corners (sort of why I left the tower a bit hidden). It's not a great picture though, I agree - it just sums up the feel of the place for me.

Your comment about auto-mode is interesting as I only shoot full manual with an old f1.7 manual lens, nothing against automatic, but when I actually get a good shot it's satisfying to know I got there myself without any hand-holding. Usually the issue I have is getting anything in focus at all, so perhaps now I'm over compensating :)

I feel a bit out of my zone with landscapes to be honest, as sooon as my macro setup is back together again, it's back to the world of small where everything seems so much easier!
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users