Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My system upgraded from a H50 to my own watercooling :)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
Hey guys

been busy last weekend and decided to be brave and go from a H50 to my very first Watercooled rig :) the details of what i bought are below, this is my very first one, and i was not sure on what to buy, so i just guess on what was good, but i am looking for feed back because you guys know more than me and this is the best way to learn. so please be honest and open and let rip on my rig

my comp is as follows

CPU q9550 oc = 4.00 GHZ
Motherboard = 790I Ultra
GPU = 2x EVGA GTX 460 SC
Ram = 6 Gig Ripjaw 2000 MHZ
PSU = XFX Black Edition 850W
Case = Theremal Take Spedo Advance

Water Cooling Kit is as follows
3/8" ID - 5/8" OD XSPC Blue/UV Blue Hose 1m
1/4" BSPP - 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD Compression Fitting
XSPC RS240 Radiator
XSPC Dual 750 Bay Pump Reservoir
PrimoChill PURE Performance Coolant
HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 775 Water Block
GC-Extreme Cutting Edge Thermal Compound 3.5g

Here are some pictures :) Please leave feed back on what you guys think :) i am thinking of water cooling my NB and SB and the next time i upgrade my GPU next year i will prolly buy watercooled ones :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts
You need to get some 45 degree fittings... It'd save a lot of host and improve the looks.

What's that IDE cable for? :o

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

You need to get some 45 degree fittings... It'd save a lot of host and improve the looks.

What's that IDE cable for? :o

Damm you saw that IDE Cable, ok yes, its for my CD Drives, there the next things to sort out i need to get a blue ray player in and a decent CD burner :) but yeah yeah i know :) i will be sorting that out soon :)

ok so get some more 45 degree fittings sorted :) one question, whats the best way for my to bleed my system, i have seen a guy do it with getting some hose, in the bottle that the coolent came in, put the other end of the tube in the res, and then squeeze the bottle and the bottle sucks the coolant back in, it does work and its drip free :) but what do you suggest?
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
very nice mate not bad for first timer with a proper loop i got same dual bay res/pump and the same cpu as urs mines the E0 stepping.
my suggestion is get some 45s same as what spoon said,also grab some nzxt premium sleeved cables from the shop ( http://www.watercool...ch&keyword=nzxt )
makes it look neater
also that keep an eye on the pc ice coolant alot of wcuk members use ec6 and somtimes feser one
but all in all nice build i like it
Posted Image

Posted Image

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

very nice mate not bad for first timer with a proper loop i got same dual bay res/pump and the same cpu as urs mines the E0 stepping.
my suggestion is get some 45s same as what spoon said,also grab some nzxt premium sleeved cables from the shop ( http://www.watercool...ch&keyword=nzxt )
makes it look neater
also that keep an eye on the pc ice coolant alot of wcuk members use ec6 and somtimes feser one
but all in all nice build i like it

how do you mean by keep and eye on it? like i said i am new :) so looking for help :) what does different cooling to do, i onyl bought this one because it was uv blue lol i wasnt sure what i was looking for...... if i was to change it do i need to bleed my system dray and clean it all before i put new coolant in, or can i just put new coolant in straight away after bleeding
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
when you change coolant you have to drain the system fully then flush the whole lot with distilled water let it dry and put the new coolant in never mix coolants,what i do is drain,flush,dry,flush,dry,new coolant
ive had blue ec6 then red ec6 then uv acid green feser one now im back on red ec6 lol,
from what people have said the UV starts breaking down and you end up with bits floating around your loop not good
the thermochill ec6 is blue/UV blue.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
Ok, how do i bleed my system? Is there a way of doing it? Should i use the coolant i have or should i change it soon as? Sorry i know i should of found this out befor hand please ignor my ignorance i have currently got my cpu oc to 4ghz and i am getting temps of 31 and 35 what temps are you getting? Is it worth me watercooling my nb and sb
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Ok, how do i bleed my system? Is there a way of doing it? Should i use the coolant i have or should i change it soon as? Sorry i know i should of found this out befor hand please ignor my ignorance i have currently got my cpu oc to 4ghz and i am getting temps of 31 and 35 what temps are you getting? Is it worth me watercooling my nb and sb

Lovely temps on your CPU at that speed, but your northbridge is going to be a bit toasty!

You'd have to watercool both sets of MOSFET's, NB, SB, expensive operation.

I'd recommend for bleeding, taking all of your hardware out, leave the CPU block hanging, get a large plastic container underneath it, then undo one of the hoses, let it drip out etc.

Top mounted radiators make this a pain, but it'll only take around 10-15 mins to get all of the juice out :)

While you have your loop apart, I suggest building a drain line, using a T piece and a ball valve, makes draining the PC much easier..

PS, "Bleeding" is removing the air from the loop, "Draining" is removing the coolant.

If you ever need any assistance, give me a shout (Via PM)

And as Squidge said, Thermochill EC6 Blue is the dogs nuts for situations like this, where the blue goo is required!

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Lovely temps on your CPU at that speed, but your northbridge is going to be a bit toasty!

You'd have to watercool both sets of MOSFET's, NB, SB, expensive operation.

I'd recommend for bleeding, taking all of your hardware out, leave the CPU block hanging, get a large plastic container underneath it, then undo one of the hoses, let it drip out etc.

Top mounted radiators make this a pain, but it'll only take around 10-15 mins to get all of the juice out :)

While you have your loop apart, I suggest building a drain line, using a T piece and a ball valve, makes draining the PC much easier..

PS, "Bleeding" is removing the air from the loop, "Draining" is removing the coolant.

If you ever need any assistance, give me a shout (Via PM)

And as Squidge said, Thermochill EC6 Blue is the dogs nuts for situations like this, where the blue goo is required!

ok so do you think i am best of doing it now, or should i just use the rest of the coolant i have? also were could i get a NB and SB cooler from, is it going to be a bits power peice? i am not sure if its worth doing my sb and NB and i am upgrading my mobo some point next year prolly feb march time but what do you guys think?
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

ok so do you think i am best of doing it now, or should i just use the rest of the coolant i have? also were could i get a NB and SB cooler from, is it going to be a bits power peice? i am not sure if its worth doing my sb and NB and i am upgrading my mobo some point next year prolly feb march time but what do you guys think?

If you're going to be upgrading your mobo next year, keep it stock cooled for now :)

there's nothing wrong with using that coolant, I'd just be a bit wary of it.

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

If you're going to be upgrading your mobo next year, keep it stock cooled for now :)

there's nothing wrong with using that coolant, I'd just be a bit wary of it.

ok T bracket orderd :) with the ball stop, i was going to have the direction going out the back of my case through the hole at the back for inlet tubes, and have the tub up high is that the better idea? or does it not really matter were i place it as long as its neat, also were about on the system. should i put the T i have asked the question in the advice bit, but i am assuming it doesnt actually matter? any advice is always apreciated :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Damm you saw that IDE Cable, ok yes, its for my CD Drives, there the next things to sort out i need to get a blue ray player in and a decent CD burner :) but yeah yeah i know :) i will be sorting that out soon :)

ok so get some more 45 degree fittings sorted :) one question, whats the best way for my to bleed my system, i have seen a guy do it with getting some hose, in the bottle that the coolent came in, put the other end of the tube in the res, and then squeeze the bottle and the bottle sucks the coolant back in, it does work and its drip free :) but what do you suggest?

I used to use that method for draining, worked well, but in a big loop with many rads and blocks was a tiresome affair!! Best bet as said is a T-fitting with a bit of hose and a ball stop at lowest point ;)

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

I used to use that method for draining, worked well, but in a big loop with many rads and blocks was a tiresome affair!! Best bet as said is a T-fitting with a bit of hose and a ball stop at lowest point ;)

hoping my T fitting should be hear tomorrow :) so as soon as i get it on i will post some pictures and see what you guys think :) i am now wanting to water cool my GPUS, but i think i would prolly wreck them as i would have to take them apart and void the warranty.....
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Mate, they are EVGA cards. They literally want you to overclock them and dont mind if you fit waterblocks to them. If you brick one, pop the stock cooler back on and they will rma it for you ;) Thats why i always buy EVGA cards tbh, there customer service etc is THE best.

Check the EVGA forums, really good forum with loads of helpful people.

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Mate, they are EVGA cards. They literally want you to overclock them and dont mind if you fit waterblocks to them. If you brick one, pop the stock cooler back on and they will rma it for you ;) Thats why i always buy EVGA cards tbh, there customer service etc is THE best.

Check the EVGA forums, really good forum with loads of helpful people.

going to you tube some vids on how to put a waterblock on to my 460's is it somthing you have done?
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
Fitting a full cover block to a GTX460 is almost identical to any other card.

THE ROADIE

THE ROADIE

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I would love to get a full cover block for my 460, but unfortunately my 460 is a non-reference card :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users