Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Darkroom Project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
As the title of the thread tells you,my new project is a going to be a darkroom to produce Film and my own prints in. The room ive got is an airing Cupboard in the middle of my parents flat(i still live at home with parents,has some benifits,the food isnt one of them:P) its around 6'x8',its a big space for efectivly a boiler cupboard.

The plus side of this room,is that its warm,theres no windows,and im free to do what i like with it.there isnt much down sides,just that i need to build units now,and paint it all Matt black.

After i found the room,i needed to look for equipment,i thought it would take me till christmas this year to get all the gear i needed. Mainly the enlarger,as anybody who does their own prints here knows,there not cheap.it was suggested to me that i get what is familiar to me,so as suggested by my College lecturer,i looked for an Lpl C7700.ebay is my friend,and i found this http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT . £100 for it all,astonished i snapped it up,its half of what i need for my darkroom,for money i would have spent on for an easle alone. Im Extremly lucky to come across it.

I'll stick some photos up soon,when the Enlarger comes,and when ive fitted every thing into the darkroom. if any of you guys could help with suggestions,hints or even tips,i'd be greatly apreciative,im new to the darkroom,its just something i thought would be useful for my course and career :)

John

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
That is a massive airing cupboard! I think I could just about fit my head into ours :D
Sounds like a great project - looking forward to seeing some pictures.
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Well,i havent measured, it,but im 5ft 11 and i can lay down in it,its small,but when i get round to emptying it,i'll stick photos up and you'll get an idea,maybe i should measure it :P

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Posted Image

This is my enlarger,its been finished about 2 months now,but with the Forum being upgraded,this has been the first time ive been able to put up a photo,
I'll get better ones up soon :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Woah! That's a serious bit of kit! :D
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
£180 all together,thats includes the cost of materials to make the benches :) im happy with it, its a warm room,perfect for this weather once ive taken photos :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Very nice - have you got any pictures from the entrance to get an idea of scale?

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Posted Image

As asked,my back was pressed against the hall wall, this was the best image i can get with my iphone,or my Camera.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Not kidding about a warm room! It's just taken me nearly two hours to walk home in the snow, that looks just the ticket :)

Looks really good.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Its not bad!ive stuck my snow gear in there to dry off, the white unit is an aircon,i can put ice in it and it cools the room down abit,but its still not powerful enough.
I plan to get a Boiler cover in a few weeks which should help with heating costs aswell as the temp in the room :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users