Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My new build, no water in sight :O

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
Thought id share with you some pics of my build. Its finished for now, but i want to change the fans so they all match. This is my first air cooled build in a good few years and i love it. No more worries about leaks, gunked up blocks etc, its great :D Theres a couple of unsleeved fan wires showing, but i didnt see the point in sleeving them as i'll be changing them soon enough :)

Specs:
i5 760 @3.6
Asus Maximus iii formula
EVGA gtx 460 SC EE
Corsair Dominator GT 1600 (cas 7)
Corsair AX750
Thermalright venomous x
Coolermaster CM690ii Advanced

Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The fans stopped:D
Posted Image
Posted Image

All the pics i have. I will get round to watercooling it soon enough, but thats for another time:)

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
You've got the basis of a nice rig there.

So you *are* planning on WC sometime in the future?
Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Cheers Dunc, its perfect for my needs really.

Yeh hopefully in a few months time i will, but it all runs pretty cool so i dont know :? I have a few spares lying around like radiators, reservoirs, tubing etc so wouldnt need that much tbh.

Was even thinking of getting another 460 for sli, but i dont really need to. It plays bc2 well, albeit i play it in dx9, but even in dx11 its still good. Even metro 2033 plays well on medium settings:)

So it will be staying as is for the time being, but the fans i want changed asap.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
Nice little build there, I'm contemplating dropping the WC and downsizing, but I don't really need to :\

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Ta Matt. I love it, none of the stress of watercooling :D

You were contemplating that a while ago no :P?

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
nice 1 fido looking nice indeed ive kinda gone off aircooled rigs and realli into watercooled rigs(damn wcuk haha)but urs is a nice lil air set-up(wink wink nudge nudge get some WCing hehe)
im now thinking of grabbin a ATCS 840
Posted Image

Posted Image

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
Didn't fancy H50/H70 in here Wayne?

My Blog => http://adriank.org

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Cheers squirrel. Lol it never ends yeh, always thinking what next :D

Spoon i did yeh, but, its been a while since i had a air cooled build so thought why not. Im not pushing anything temp wise so no real need for it...............for now anyway :D

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Like the new rig fido. nice one bruv.
Posted Image

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

nice 1 fido looking nice indeed ive kinda gone off aircooled rigs and realli into watercooled rigs(damn wcuk haha)but urs is a nice lil air set-up(wink wink nudge nudge get some WCing hehe)
im now thinking of grabbin a ATCS 840

ATCS 840 is a beast of a PC, make sure you have space for it, Mine just fits on my desk which is like a kitchen table :P

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
Forgot to mention, very good choice of the PSU :)

I've had the same dilemma last time when my fully watercooled V2000 went on sale - water or air? I ended up with air and H50 to don't lose my grip completely :P

What I love about it is the ease of taking and putting back the components in, you can't beat that. With water I'd to dismantle half of my loop to take the GPU out lol

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
that's the only downside to watercooling(apart from the cost), but I do love the benefits of having a nice quiet, very cool system :)

I want one of the AX PSU's :(

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Cheers underdog :)

The AX is nice, but the cables i dont like much, there really stiff (ooer missus) so hard to get them to bend. Getting the 8pin cpu plug in and out of the mobo is a nightmare, feels if im gonna rip the socket off the mobo :| Also its weird as the fan only spins when under load, first time i fired it up i thought oh noes its bust coz the fan spun once and stopped, but apparently its normal:) Also ive read about whiney fans on the 1200's, alot! People returning them for a different psu.

Im loving the ease of it all, ive already had it stripped a few times, to check contact of the cpu cooler etc. Its stripped and put back together in no time. With water your talking about a day to strip and build again:D

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
tell me about it, chance of some outside shots with and without panel?

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Sure i'll get some up, but theres not much to see with the panels on lol. And the panels are kinda fugly looking, contemplating getting the dremel out and puting a window in :D

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
My CPU cooler is bigger than yours :D

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Bigger doesnt necessarily mean better lol :P

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
Posted Image

With the single 460 :(

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Bigger doesnt necessarily mean better lol :P

This

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Why the sad smiley Matt?

I did consider the noctua, but it wouldnt fit with the dominator gt ram. Im well happy with the vx, looks nice and performs like a champ and the mounting system is genious :)

Now im working though there is the faintest, tiniest possibility of going back to water :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users