Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Rig :)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
EVGA are amazing :) and yeah i do love them and there products i think XFX are good aswell :) and yeah there 1gb versions :) there amazing cards there are 4 links on the site :) which ones are you ordering? are you getting them on SLI
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh mate i noticed the links, i'll be getting the 460sc for now, and prob in a month or 2 get another one :). Cant seem to find the ftw or the ssc anywhere. Where did you get your ftw's from?

ackrite26

ackrite26

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Yeh mate i noticed the links, i'll be getting the 460sc for now, and prob in a month or 2 get another one :). Cant seem to find the ftw or the ssc anywhere. Where did you get your ftw's from?

To my knowledge the GTX 460 FTW version has not been released yet.

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Gz and giff pic of your x3 22' :)

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
you are right i have just been checking the spec of mine, i got mine from SCAN............ and on the box the FTW sticker is highlight, but the spec of my cards is for the GTX 460 SC so wtf went on there i dont know so how dare i lie!!!!1 or how dare do SCAN lie!!!!!!!! mother truckers!!!!
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
I would get in touch with them mate, SCAN are normally really good.

Btw, have you overclocked them yet?

Cant wait to get mine tomorrow :)

Or maybe you got the 470ftw lol. Sure i read some 460's were rebadged 470's.

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
fido, my birthday next month and i`m thinking of getting a new gcard. my old 9800 gx2 just aint cutting it no more and is also now starting to run hot, not a good sign as it was the beginning of the end with my other 9800 gxz.

my question i wanted to ask ya was what card dyou reckon i should go for?

the 470 or the 480?

I could just squeeze enough more for the 480 and get one at £380 but would it be worth it.

I`m also intending to go sli if ever i get the money. lol. thanks.
Posted Image

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
460 in that case.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh 460 for sure, 2 of them in sli i think beat up a 480 while being cheaper and a hell of alot cooler, not to mention less power hungry :)

Thats my plan for the next month or 2 :)

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
guess this video says it all.

Posted Image

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
460 doesnt support tri sli iirc.

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
ah cheers matt.

then i reckon my minds made up.

gonna go with the 470`s instead.

they do tri sli dont they?

by the way hope u well matt.
Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
The 470's are really good for the money. They are noisy with the fan ramped up, but gaming with headphones on you will barely notice it. If you put one under water they overclock like mad. Cant remember what i had mine overclocked to, but they were well past 480 speeds with minimal voltage increase, think voltage was 1.036 or something.

What resolution do you play at underdog?

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
i play at 1370 x 768.

dont mind the noise. my 9800 gx2 is very noisy too, i cant see the 470 being much louder, well thats what im hoping anyway.

i intend to go water cooled with gcard as soon as i have the money to be able to do so.

then plan to get another to go sli then finally add a 3rd for 3 way sli ownage! lol.

seen some pretty decent prices for the 470`s so will be able to get the 1st card come oct 3rd my bday.

what manufacturer dyou recommend. zotac or asus? or is there any other gcard maker you recommend.

cheers fido buddy.

after the nightmare of bfg shutting down want to make sure get maker with good customer service and rma. cheers dude.
Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
1370x768? A 460 will be more than enough at that resolution. Put it this way, with my single gtx 460 on 1680x1050 screen in BC2 i get about 50fps minimum on medium settings, and stock i5 760. Unless you plant to upgrade to a bigger screen i think the 470 will be way overkill for your needs. When i had my 470 i was playing bc2 at 1920x1200 and got excellent fps, granted it was oc to faster than 480 speeds but iirc fps never dropped below 70fps on medium settings.

If your concerned about good service, rma etc, then only one company stands to mind and thats EVGA. Register the card within 30 days and you get 10 year warranty and the best customer service period, also the forums are quality, always mods there to assist with any problems.

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts
I think you have all high - jacked this thread enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users