Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Rig :)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
Just thought i would share my rig with you :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
Nice rig mate. Those 460's are nice i bet in sli :).

Used to have the 790i ultra myself, was a top notch mobo. Never had any problems with it at all.

Good stuff ;)

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Nice rig mate. Those 460's are nice i bet in sli :).

Used to have the 790i ultra myself, was a top notch mobo. Never had any problems with it at all.

Good stuff ;)

yeah they are very nice i was in a top up between the 465 or the 460 but i read the 460 comes out on top also the stats for the 465 look rubbish compared to the 460. i was tempted by the 470 but i know i would not use power they can do or notice the difference. so 460 is best. yeah i love my mobo its very very good when i get a bit more money going to put some more ram in :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh the 465's are a waste of time really, 460's are great little cards :)

Hows the vreg and n/b holding out on the stock cooler with your oc? I know they can get a bit toasty thats why i put a bitspower mobo block on mine :)

Also whats that panel covering the gpu's on your case? The last pic.

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
i am sorry i am still learning all this :( how do you mean by Vreg? and NB? are you taling about my CPU or my GPU? sorry for asking a lame question but i am still learning as this is my first propper rig :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
oh and the covers are what came with my case, i have decided to keep them off as i think it stops air flow.. :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
ohhhhhhh i have just found them bitspower mobo block thats very nice, i would love to see what temps your getting what I7 you running? i am also new to the water cooling i want to do it first to my cpu and then start to build up on getting better on it so i could do my mobo and my GPU's sorry please dont take offence if i come accross stupid :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
ok just worked it out you are taking about my north bridge not sure what you meant for v/reg. but just been looking for a water coolant bit at the moment i need to get into this water cooling stuff that will look AMAZING!!!!!!! if i can get that on :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh the northbridge, and the vreg (mosfets) around the cpu area ;) I know they get hot on the stock cooling. I had my q9650 at 4ghz and if i remember rightly they were around 90c after running linx O_o. But that bitspower block really helped the temps, halved the temps if i remember correctly :)

Right now im selling my rig, its a long story and i dont wanna bore you with it lol. But i will be building another one soon.

Also EK waterblocks do seperate blocks for n/b, s/b and mosfets for the 790i ultra, atleast they did, probably still be able to get them.

Is it the EVGA 790i ultra?

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
no i have the XFX ah right yeah i know what you mean now.... i am unsure of the temps around them, i have not really thought about it i know i should. but been more worried about my CPU, i have no down graded it to 3.50 GHZ i dont want to fry my system, and i need to get some water cooling in :) thats why i have joined hear to get some expeirence on how to do it n all... i am doing some looking round now, i am find it very exciting learning this (sad and geeky i know) but its wicked!!!!!!

i have been look at the water cooling kit on hear are they any good? or am i better of building my own? and learning from scratch
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
A WatercoolingUK own brand waterkit would be your best bet, if not you can customise your own kit and we'll give you advice :)

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Nah lol its not sad and geeky, its a cool hobby ;)

The wcuk kits have good components in them, more or less what you would probably buy if you were doing your own loop/s. But the fun is buying your own stuff to your personal tastes as theres so many waterblocks, radiators and reservoirs etc. So you can really make your loop/s original.

I started off with a Swiftech all in one kit, much like the corsair h50 and went on from there/ Mistakes were made along the way but nothing costly, its all part of the fun :)

Read lots of build logs, here and xsforums there has been some amazing work done. You pick up alot of ideas by doing this ;)

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Nah lol its not sad and geeky, its a cool hobby ;)

The wcuk kits have good components in them, more or less what you would probably buy if you were doing your own loop/s. But the fun is buying your own stuff to your personal tastes as theres so many waterblocks, radiators and reservoirs etc. So you can really make your loop/s original.

I started off with a Swiftech all in one kit, much like the corsair h50 and went on from there/ Mistakes were made along the way but nothing costly, its all part of the fun :)

Read lots of build logs, here and xsforums there has been some amazing work done. You pick up alot of ideas by doing this ;)

Awsome thanks for the advice :) yeah as you can see i am on the H50 at the moment its wicked i love it but.... i do want to get more advance, and i think water cooling is at the top of building a good system if you need water cooling your system is S%^T hot :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
and again thanks for the comments about my rig it is very good i will get the temps for you aswell :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
just wanted to add my two pence worth. nice rig m8. and i dig the gcards man, wish i could afford em. not too shabby at all. very nice.
Posted Image

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
For me your cable management is terrible... but that just me.

Haven't said that, I need to work on my ones... :blush:

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

For me your cable management is terrible... but that just me.

Haven't said that, I need to work on my ones... :blush:

yeah it is rubbish. i need to sped a couple of hours doing it. but its not a nice case to work with also my PSU cables are very very very very very stiff as its brand new :)

also my graphics cards are the FTW cards :)
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Nice cards. Are they the EE (external exhaust) with the fan at the rear, or does it have the fan in the middle of the card? Im looking into buying the SC, then in a few months maybe sli :)

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Nice cards. Are they the EE (external exhaust) with the fan at the rear, or does it have the fan in the middle of the card? Im looking into buying the SC, then in a few months maybe sli :)

here is a picture of my old card GTX260

Posted Image

i love the cards they are amazing the EVGA are good ones as EVGA have just release a firmware upgrade and it upgrades it to run about 5% faster and thats a factory standard, also just bought the latest mag for pc format and they are comparing the 460 SLI EVGA 756 version and they are saying that 2 of them a very close to a GTX 470 and they are saying that an SC 460 1 Gig version over clock a tiny bit on an SLI is the same as a GTX 480 single so i think thats pretty wicked

Check this out this show the firm ware upgrade and what it actually gives

After the BIOS update your GPU will now be clocked at 720MHz compared to the 675MHz clockspeed of the original, with the Shader clocks upped to 1440MHz from its 1400MHz roots.
That's a fairly hefty overclock without having to actually do any overclocking yourself. Bargain.

http://www.evga.com/...m.aspx?m=498804

they are well worth the investment these cards they really are amazing.......
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
Case = TJ07
HD = 90 OCZ SSD

Peri

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Nice, used to be a regular on evga forums, big fan of there products and the company, really is none better imo.

Does that bios update apply for all the EVGA 460's? Gonna be ordering my 460sc tomorrow :)

Also yours is the EE version, which will take the EK blocks if you ever want to watercool them. Same as the SC cards :) Yours are the 1gb versions yeh, if they are the ftw editions?

EDIT: Cool, just read it and its for all versions. Gotta love EVGA!

Thanks for the link ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users