Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tripod Suggestions?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Hi guys,
Looking for a new tripod,need to upgrade,my velbon isnt quite cutting it now im using it on a daily basis. im struggling to pick from a few manufacturers and im sure there all sound products,but i'd like an honest customer opinion.

Its going to be used for studio and landscape work,mostly landscape though.so need to be strong.

Thanks for your help

John

fowler002

fowler002

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
redsnapper from what I read do cheap and chearfull

http://www.redsnapperuk.com/index.html

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Cheers Fowler,i'll take a look

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
manefrotto all the way!! Would never use another brand now i've used these. Ok costs about £100 inc head but worth every single penny.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Yes you can't really go wrong with Manfrotto :)

I'd also recommend benbo -I use an old benbo tripod which is extremely solid and famously versatile in terms of the number of positions it can be put into - due to it's fairly unique structure
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I went for a Giottos and head kit :) arrived yesterday,i did look around all day friday,and ordered it at the last minute from camerawarehouse.£120 including the delivery.
I did look at Benbo's,but my budget couldnt afford it :( which upset me a little as it was 230 or so cm's.and i wanted a really long legged tripod for awkward positions(mountain ranges) i'll post the link,remove it if its not permitted :(

http://www.warehouse...od-kit/p1518591

John

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
looks like a nice bit of kit :) I have a 20cm mini tripod for my digicam :P

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I got a small one out of Pcworld when my brother worked there for a fiver,just got it to help with longer handheld shots,like if im at a museum :)
the Tripod its self is well worth the money i paid :) both of them :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users