Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BF 2142

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
Hi all
Just bought 2142 should arrive in the next couple of days, anyone playing who are running vista checked EA website but they only mention XP+service pack 2

Bill
Posted Image

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
UPDATE
Ok you lot cos you all still lounging in your beds i downloaded the demo version and tried to run it but got a 3dx9_29.dll is missing so done some digging and it seems microsoft have made some changes to the way they update direct x, developers are meant to install the dll's as part of the direct x part of thier installation but some arnt naughty naughty
so found the missing dll's at

http://www.dll-files... ... l?d3dx9_29

installed it keeping my fingers crossed it didnt muckup my DX10 installation and everything seems ok can play the demo now no probs cant wait for the full version to arrive

just need to try and survive for more than 10 seconds tho lol

Bill
Posted Image

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
It helps when you are more familiar with the maps. and weapons etc. its a pretty hectic game i have to say...
Posted Image
Posted Image

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
The game is awesome mate. Enjoy it.

I am on Vista Premium 32. And i have had no problems what so ever. Worked straight out of the box (had to download the latest patch though) Or else there are hardly any servers :D

Download the patch before the game comes. It's pretty big! Like 500mb or something.

http://www.battlefie... ... 10306.aspx

Here, if you look on the left hand side it says Battlefield 2142 Update 1.25. Just click on it to start the download. It is only 287mb :)

But yes it has worked perfectly on Vista with both my 7900GTO and my 2900XT so there is nothing to worry about from Nvidia/ATI drivers either.
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Memory: 4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX480

Hard Drive: 40GB Mushkin Callisto (OS), WD Raptor X 150GB, Seagate 2TB, 500GB ext Sound Card: Audigy 4/5.1 surround sound Power Supply: Corsair 520HX

Case: CM 690 Dominator CPU cooling: Fuzion V1, PA120.3, DDC Ultra + XSPC Res Top OS: Windows 7 Professional 64/Ubuntu 9.04 Monitor: 32LG7000 1080p

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Yea just practice just been playing the demo and actually killed 6 so getting better i usually play racing games so this is very new

BUT LOVE IT :D

Bill
Posted Image

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Nice one iced cheers will do

Bill
Posted Image

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
what section are you bill? recon, assult, support or engineer.

im assult, and have upgraded my gun on the side without all the medics stuff, but i might make it a medic now.

chris
Posted Image

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Aye Attack kit FTW!!!

My BIGGEST pet hate about the game are DEMO PACKS!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Little cowards who just put demo packs down and then literally wait 5 minutes for some1 to come along and blow them up... dude im gettin an average of 3 kills a minute, you gettin 1 every 5... GET THE HINT!!

Just to clarify this isnt being aimed at any1 here.

marcus.jpg

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
I can confirm that Marcus really doesn't like demo packs!

or shotguns!

or armour!

or people on his team that blow up his beacons! lol!

ian.jpg

1Colin1

1Colin1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I got bf2142 the day it came out I think played it like mad for about a month max then just stoped coz my m8 I used to play it with gets bored of everything way to fast I wish I could slap him but he lives in Holland :@
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Come join us online,

we use the tag [-WCUK-]. I'm uncleflufy on BF2142!

ian.jpg

1Colin1

1Colin1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I'll have to install it first where ever it is... :)
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Colin,

pm'd you.

Ian.

ian.jpg

Daza

Daza

MR D to you.

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Aye Attack kit FTW!!!

My BIGGEST pet hate about the game are DEMO PACKS!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Little cowards who just put demo packs down and then literally wait 5 minutes for some1 to come along and blow them up... dude im gettin an average of 3 kills a minute, you gettin 1 every 5... GET THE HINT!!

Just to clarify this isnt being aimed at any1 here.

Now now its only a game, have we got a list of everyone in the clan as Im losing track of name at the mo.

And I just got kicked from one of my best games 1 death 23 kills just to make room for a member, :evil:
MR D to you.

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
GRRRR!!!

Armor wrecks it becuase unless you've actually got decent people on your tema, no one spawns as an engineer to blow the bitch up.

Shotguns annoy me becasue I blow a full clip into someone and they dont die, then I get shot once with a shotgun and im dead.

And as for people ON MY OWN TEAM who blow my beacon up..... he was involved in a fatal accident with my knife 10 seconds later, shame really.

marcus.jpg

Daza

Daza

MR D to you.

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Armor wrecks it becuase unless you've actually got decent people on your tema, no one spawns as an engineer to blow the bitch up.

Hell no I take my trusty demo packs and camo for that fight.

Ill only blow a beacon up if its miles out of the way but then I can pod surf it anyway. :D
MR D to you.

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts

Hell no I take my trusty demo packs and camo for that fight.

Oh and thats another thing that annoys me... when i'll be in a jeep or any other vehicle and I suddenly die... dam you and those sodding DEMO PACKS!!!! :evil: :evil:

marcus.jpg

1Colin1

1Colin1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I think marcus has a temper problem :o jk :P
Posted Image

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

GRRRR!!!

Shotguns annoy me becasue I blow a full clip into someone and they dont die, then I get shot once with a shotgun and im dead.

And as for people ON MY OWN TEAM who blow my beacon up..... he was involved in a fatal accident with my knife 10 seconds later, shame really.

prey tell who would that be then? :oops:

wasnt me was it? something tells me it may have been mr fluffy or probs some random poor bloke minding his own business :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
i love how you lot are with all the explosions, i either sit back and snipe or get real stealthy with me and my assult char, creap around a corner flanking about 5 guys at once and let rip.... but that only happens like twice a round lol takes the rest of the time to get there

chris
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users