Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Aftermarket coolers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
Im thinking of an aftermarket cooler for my gtx280 oc
i see there is some in the shop but im at a loss at what ones are good?
do they include a backplate for the memory on the back of the card or shall i just try and find a water block for it i dont like the ek ones though and i cant find many others.

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Arctic cooling accelero extreme = win

They been doing cool and quiet gfx coolers for a good while now, and kind of got the hang of it.

Is a little fiddly to fit tho.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
what about the memory or do you use ramsinks?

skyripper

skyripper

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Dunno about the extreme, but I've used the ordinary Accelero coolers from AC 3 times now for great effect. They come with ramsinks and mini ones for the mosfets. I always have trouble with the mosfet ones, the damn things dont stick very well. If I do one in the future I'd use some thermal bonding stuff.

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
http://www.arctic-co...51&page=support

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ultimate Cooling Weapon for Enthusiast-Grade Graphic Cards
As an upgraded version of acclaimed Accelero XTREME GTX 280, the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro is a multi-compatible cooler for nVIDIA GTX series. This 3-fan cooling solution is also equipped with 5 heatpipes and an optimised heatsink to provide exceptional temperature reduction performance. Together with ARCTIC COOLING patented acoustic design, the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro is an ideal cooler for enthusiasts to boost overclock potential.

Main features

• Unmatched cooling performance - 250 Watts
  • 3 ultra quiet 92mm PWM fans with low noise impeller
  • 5 heatpipes and 83 fins for efficient heat dissipation
  • Patented fan holder eliminates the buzzing sounds
  • RAM and voltage regulator cooling
  • Pre-applied ARCTIC MX-2
  • SLI compatible
Posted ImageUnparalled cooling for nVIDIA GTX series
The Accelero XTREME GTX Pro delivers even more outstanding heat dissipation performance than the previous Accelero XTREME GTX 280. The five heatpipes and the copper base are soldered precisely together with a layer of the non-curing thermal compound ARCTIC MX-2 on top. The slim heatsink and three 92mm-PWM-fan design optimise the cooling capacity of the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro to 250 watts. Equipped with these advanced thermal management features, instant and efficient heat transfer performance from this exceptional cooler is guaranteed.

Same as other ARCTIC COOLING products, the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro is designed with award-winning acoustic engineering. The low noise impeller and the patented fan holder lower the noise level from rotation, resulting in extremely quiet operation at full fan speed – only 0.5 sone at 2,000 rpm.

One cooler fits all
In order to give end-users a hassle-free, all-in-one solution, the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro is packaged with various types of RAM and voltage regulator heatsinks to fit different GTX models. Installation is fairly simple and within a few steps, users can enjoy the cool and quietness brought by the Accelero XTREME GTX Pro!

Posted Image

Do you need more?

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Nice one giz looks like a winner i may try to use the original backplate though that one looks a bit pants.

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Just a little question is there an aftermarket cooler for the gtx295 single pcb my mate is after one

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Arctic cooling accelero extreme = win

They been doing cool and quiet gfx coolers for a good while now, and kind of got the hang of it.

Is a little fiddly to fit tho.

wat like the 1 fitted to my gtx260 :D which incedently has a gtx280 sticker on the side of the cooler lol
but yes FTW my card runs nice and cool not had not overheating problems with at all and i bet OneEye never had a problem either with it(his card orginally)plus i got all 3 fans at 100% and its still silent :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Ok so just fitted it,
in case anyone else uses one most of the pack is different now its all heatsinks instead of the plates so its a bit more fiddley but it has taken over 15c off my temps and much quieter will see how it runs over the next few days.

out of interest i have another gtx280 but i need new tm pads does anyone know the thickness i need?

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Anyone know if there are any D-Tek Uni-Sink for the 280 about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users