Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Antec 300

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi i was just wondering has anyone ever done a water cooling setup in a Antec 300? Im currently running a AMD 1055T @ 4.1Ghz using a TRUE and would like to drop the temps a bit so i can push the chip a bit more.

I also have a Antec P182 which i could use. I would prefer either one to be a fully internal set up.

Thank you

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
Not done watercooled, but am familiar with the 300 having done a few air cooled builds for mates in them.

I personally like the case, for £40'ish it's amazing.

But, although I'm sure it's do-able, I personally don't feel it's very watercooling friendly.

You'd certainly have to do a fair amount of modding to make anything other than a 120 rad fit.

Should easily fit a 240 rad or even a 280 rad (assuming you can source one) up inside the top.

You could possibly even fit a 360 inside the top, but you'll lose 2 or even all 3 5.25" bays.

There's possibilities to mount a 240 rad in the front of the case, but that would involve removing the 3.5" drive racks so you'd have to make some other provision for hard drives.

You may be able to fit a 120 rad on the rear fan mount also.

You always have the option of mounting a rad externally, I personally would go for roof mounted rather than hanging off the back of the case.

You'd just have to drill a series of holes to fix the rad to the roof and a couple of larger holes for hoses, don't forget to use grommets for the hose holes.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users