Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My first ever watercooling rig

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ChrisLandin

ChrisLandin

• Members
  • 9 posts
Hi all.

This is my third ever post on this excellent forum and I just thought I would post 3 pictures of my first ever water cooled rig.

My specs are

Antec 1200
Q9650
Asus 790i
4gb DDR3
Fx Supreme Sound
Asus GTX 280

All my watercooling parts I have picked up secondhand for my first attempt and so far im very very happy with my temps and even better no leaks!

Well here is my first shot

Posted Image

The front of my Antec1200 with dual bay res and fan controller.

The second

Posted Image

Is a shot of my Antec with the side panel still on.

And the third is

Posted Image

The internals of my new machine.

What do you guys think? Any room for improvement on flow etc? Im just about to get an extra GTX 280 for sli and when I get that I will tidy up the tubing on the bottom to make it neater with some 90 degree angle connections.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
Quite a nice attempt :) bit Ghetto with the barbs/compression mixups, but for a 1200 a very nice build. How are your temperatures?

ChrisLandin

ChrisLandin

• Members
  • 9 posts
Haha. Yea well the barbs and compression fittings were a bit of a random bag wernt they. I should have done a bit more research really before the build to buy small extenders and the like so I could have gone all compression. I actually have them now and will alter it when I get my new Gpu's in a months time.

Temps are quite good I think. Much better than on air. My Q9650 is at 3.8ghz now and idles at 34 degrees and tops out at 59degrees on IBT so im happy there. My old H50 would not allow me to get to 3.8 without me panicking over temps.

My 280 runs at 50 degrees running furmark at 1650 x 1080.

Are the temps ok? Thats with all fans on low too. I have 2 dual rads in the case mind.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
that's good :)

ChrisLandin

ChrisLandin

• Members
  • 9 posts
Sweet. Ta

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hello there Chris.

Great job mate. Specially like the apogee gtz you have. Wonder what nice ebay seller you bought that from? ;) Ow Yea it was me ! lol.

Glad to see it all worked out mate. If you by chance play call of duty 4 online let me know and once I have a rig again, hopefully next week we can go online and do some owning and dying<dance1>

Any way congrats with the build bud. Mike. aka Underdog. hehe.:cool:

youwillneverknow

youwillneverknow

• Members
  • 9 posts
I like it mate, you should think about another case though for a bit more room, if your going to add to your watercooling that is, but It looks good mate.

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Plenty of space for the rest of the water cooling in the v200 mate.

When I get the money later in the year or next year more realistically
I`ll be adding a 2nd 360 thermochill radiator behind the one in the pic of my rig in pimp my rig section. Could even fit a 3rd in the roof if desired but overkill. No space is certainly not an issue Ive found any way with the v2000.

Any way when i finally get it done Ill post the pic so you can decide then.

Just glad Ive got a pc at all to be honest and the fun and games I been thru. :)

youwillneverknow

youwillneverknow

• Members
  • 9 posts
I thought it was built in a Antec 1200? lol

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
lol no mate. would have been if I listened to the wise words of ace and matt and got one of the only v2000 available left at the time.

youwillneverknow

youwillneverknow

• Members
  • 9 posts
I have myself a nice HAF 932, cant fault it at all :)

ChrisLandin

ChrisLandin

• Members
  • 9 posts
Lol it was built in a Antec 1200. It took me an age to get it all internally mounted too! Im adding another gtx 280 to the loop this week and that will be it complete with a few tweaks to the loop at the bottom to go all compression fittings for neatness.

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
looks good for a first build mate. nice one :D

mark.jpg

stevenm56

stevenm56

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
I argee very tidy for a first build

ChrisLandin

ChrisLandin

• Members
  • 9 posts
Cheers fellas. Got my first GTX 470 and waterblock on Saturday so ive been attaching the block over the weekend first one ive ever done!! Going to change the loop on Tuesday to accommodate it and keep my 280 in for physx. Have you seen the minimum requirements for Mafia2 its a joke!!

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
hmm. nice hardware chris gtx 470and block. cant wait to see it mate. me jealous -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users