Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Asus Ares - WORLD FIRST hand on preview

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
Whoa feels weird to be back here posting! Been a few changes since I was here last :P

Anyways I just happen to have the only two Asus Ares that are in the UK so thought Id drop in here and share the video with you all....

Dont forget to subscribe <dance1>

Full Preview here: http://www.overclock...n_world_first/1

Posted Image

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
Hey Tom :D Thanks for posting this up! :)

Seeing as you have good contact with Asus, can you pass on a message for me? :D:D

If a team of employees took 6 months to come up with the cooling solution, they should all be fired. There are HUNDREDS of people on hardware forums globally who could come up with the same (or better!) cooling in about 45 minutes....give it a few weeks for fabrication, testing + tweaking.

Myself included... C.V. available on request :P

Cheers!

K

tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
Does seem very simple for 6 months of work doesnt it!

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
they were choosing the colours :o would look better if the copper were nickel plated though.

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

Always needs to be faster!!!

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
Oh hai - exchange GPU for fixing your internets? (Yes - Virgin media provide Asus and Asus UK HQ is totally down today :D)

I was so tempted to offer a 6month waiting time as revenge!

~Bex
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
Weird Ive been talking to them ALL day (obv reasons) and not had any problems?

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Or maybe you could of asked for one of those cards in exchange for fixing their webz :P.

The card is hideous though, and its asus so never bothered with the vid :P

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Hey Tom, clears up my confusion over your MSN status.

Misread it, thought you'd got 2 Arses on your table. :blush: :D

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

Always needs to be faster!!!

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

Hey Tom, clears up my confusion over your MSN status.

Misread it, thought you'd got 2 Arses on your table. :blush: :D

XD ROFL :lol:

Well they have a fault logged in with us - it may have been resolved by the time I saw the ticket though...

Wonder how old Howard is doing :roll:

~Bex
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
Price is a bit mind blowing... I bought my 5870 for £260 months ago so can't see myself spending almost 4 times that on two cards lol

My Blog => http://adriank.org

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
Exactly.... a normal CF is hundreds of pounds cheaper

tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
So was MARS. But the point was never to be cheap, or easily within reach, its just a statement tbh. Its quite funny when people pick at the details like price ect as its just shows your missing the point.

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
I was looking for a new briefcase...

Oh also, I posted on your facebook but you ignored me :(
Is the card 3 slots wide?

tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
It does go into the 3rd slot but isnt a full 3 slots fella.

Sorry its been manic today and Im still sat here replying and trying to write a newsletter!

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
I guess they wouldn't be stupid enough to design a card so that you couldn't fit 2 of them in a board with 2 slots between PCI-e slots.

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Posted Image

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
welcome back mate andy showed me some of the worklogs you did very impressive and btw would you trade the GPUs for my soul :D :D :D rather worth it satan himselve is after it :P lmao
Posted Image

Posted Image

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts

So was MARS. But the point was never to be cheap, or easily within reach, its just a statement tbh. Its quite funny when people pick at the details like price ect as its just shows your missing the point.

Missing the point of what? :blush:

Asus is just trying to make money for itself by marketing them as something "different", which only rich people can afford basically. It's for mugs :)
Posted Image

msimon

msimon

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
to be honest i don't like the look of it eather i like those full covered shrouds.

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Maybe so Prosser, but you see it all the time with all sorts of products.

Cars is the first thing that came into my head as a comparison.

You got cars that can go fast and are pretty expensive (Aston Martin, most ferraris, etc) similar to high end GFX.

Then you get your insanely expensive extremely limited edition cars which are not all that much faster really like Koenigsegg, McLaren, etc.

Just coz people like ourselves wouldn't be likely to buy 1, let alone 2, Ares GFX primarily for financial reasons, doesn't mean that Asus shouldn't bother making it and that there won't be people out there who can easily afford it and will buy it because they can.

I'm no more likely to buy an Ares, or any of the other recent uber expensive graphics cards, than anybody else on this forum.

But I like to know that they're out there and I also like to know their performance stats so I can be all smug if I happen to have similar performance results from a much cheaper, although heavily overclocked, option.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users