Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What do you do for a living?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
Re-bump.

Website Administrator :D

Scotlund

Scotlund

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
IT consultant in Edinburgh
:)
I am the NOOB :blush:

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Still redundant/unemployed.

Gissa job.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
I'm an unemployed graduate (from Aberystwyth University with a 2:1 BSc (Hons) Computer Science degree) and freelance web developer.

Degree modules were mainly programming, but I'm a network guy so even though I did pretty well in the programming modules I hate it with a passion. My dissertation project is freely available under the Mozilla Public License v1.1 :)

Been doing freelance webdev for about 4 years, not ideal but good beer money! Trying to get myself into Linux sysadmin or general network admin/support - ideal would be Linux datacentre webserver stuffs but will have to go with the flow and see what I can find, can't afford to pick and choose in the job market these days!

Previous jobs: IT Tech Support for Colchester Sixth Form College and Call Centre Advisor for O2 Insure.
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Laid off the other week, but have a interview with Royal Mail tomorrow :D Crappin my pants tbh lol, my last interview was 8 year ago!!!

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts

Re-bump.

Website Administrator :D

I run a website for our clan can i use that title aswell ;)<dance1>:blush:

skyripper

skyripper

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Laid off the other week, but have a interview with Royal Mail tomorrow :D Crappin my pants tbh lol, my last interview was 8 year ago!!!

Remember what you're good at, dont dwell on what you're not... and if you've been working for the last 8 yrs then you cant have been doing much wrong!

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Cheers for the advice, appreciate it ;)

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts
Oops thought I posted in here the first time round - I'm a law student who earns beer money playing poker :)
Posted Image

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
Guess I should bring this thread back from the dead and update things slightly.

I now (subject to references/contracts) work for Autonomy as systems administrator - due to start on Monday 4th October in Green Park, London :D
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Nice one Craig, i wish you luck in new job. I found new job in Brstol "The Bristol Hotel". Moving there in next week. There i wanna go for some it certificates or some papers to be able take some proper it job :)

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Still unemployed but due to start at Worcester Tech in just over a week to get my CompTIA A+

See how I get on with that and what work opportunities are forthcoming as a result.

May look into doing the N+, Microsoft, CCNA, or whatever in the future.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
www.tiles-ceramic.co.uk

that's what I've been doing the last couple of months, went live the other day.

still loads to do on it though :\

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,147 posts

Still unemployed but due to start at Worcester Tech in just over a week to get my CompTIA A+

See how I get on with that and what work opportunities are forthcoming as a result.

May look into doing the N+, Microsoft, CCNA, or whatever in the future.

Good luck Andy,i passed my comptia A+ ages ago and am still in my welding job.Hope you have better luck.;)

Andy

Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 23 posts
What do i do? Pretty much anything that will pay the rent really!

However i had to stop the car mechanical and general building work as my back has totally given out on me (had surgery a few years ago but it didn't "take" so i'm currently full of painkillers and wearing a back support belt)

I do pc & laptop hardware/software repairs, however the hardware side of things is getting tricky as i'm suffering from carpel & cubital tunnel problems and the surgeon wants to slice me open four times, i made my excuses and left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users