Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What do you do for a living?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
A new thread! :o

I'm a student in Reading just starting my final year of a BSC in Biomedical Engineering and Cybernetics.

I just got an email saying that the module selections I made are all OK.

Cybernetics Project
Biological Cybernetics
Biomechanics
Bionics
Digital Signal Processing
Machines in Motion
Mechanical Design
Mechatronics
Social Legal and Ethical Aspects of Science and Engineering (I had to do this :(:()
Virtual Reality

For anybody that knows what credits are, they're all 10 except Cybernetics Project which is 30.

fowler002

fowler002

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,497 posts
crap all at the moment as 'between jobs', taking a 5 1/2 weeks holiday before start looking again.

have you got the 'cyborg'(or is it bionic proffessor like the bionic man/woman) proffessor? :) think I might have met him while I was at reading uni, tho it's been several years so I can't remember.

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
Kevin Warwick, yeah. I think the fame has got to him. I've been on Dutch and Japanese TV just by sitting in lectures with him.

GarethS

GarethS

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I do the job people love to hate ... Health & Safety

Though because the company I work for does what's classed as "construction" (broader than you think) I cold with reasonable solutions or no work would get done.

bigmp

bigmp

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I work in the premix plant for a wholesalers for bakers (subdivision of hovis) where we break on average 100 health and safety laws a day. I reckon in my temporary employment of 7 weeks with them i will have risked my life several times and my limbs almost daily.

Whilst also being a uni student doing genetics.

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
i repair game consoles, pc's and import eletronics from china, working from home.

Doesnt earn much but keeps my stupidly high spending habbit on my pc at a good pace :P

Im currently at DMU In leicester studying Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.

we are a buch of clever people arnt we? :P

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Right now working at Golf corse in golf pavilion. Customer service and crap. Atm looking for some job in it and planing to move to some civilization hehe. Still spending to much money on pc but im on pc detox now :). Trying my best to avoid low prices and other tricky ways which trying to take my money away.

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
worked in the plumbing trade for about 15 years now, atm im in a plumb center, a merchant to the trade

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Recently unemployed/redundant.

Worked in the family business for nearly 20 years.

Civil engineering contractors doing industrial/commercial gas and water mains mostly.

Started off just driving and labouring, moved on up and became team leader, then into offices doing purchasing and plant hire, etc, as well as estimating and contracts management. I was also the 'unofficial' IT department, sorting out various woes from setting up the network and building the pc's to helping n00bs who can't figure out why the cursor won't start halfway down a completely blank word document.

PS - will work for beer and/or takeaway.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

Always needs to be faster!!!

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
Virgin Media Business 2nd line TSA :D

I primarilly deal with IPVPN connections but meant to be able to cover cable modems, MIA, circuits, met net and national ethernet

~Bex
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
3rd line network infrastructure analyst on ok ish salary, naff said :P

My Blog => http://adriank.org

*Alex*

*Alex*

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
im currently studying computer games design at staffordshire uni and im also unemplyed which sux as i am now super skint lol

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
Installation and Erection technician for a family Marquee business.

Long hours at not much money, but company van and newly promotion to site supervisor cheers things up.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
I looked at that post and all I saw was erection :(

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Installation and Erection technician

This gotta be quote of the month!! :P

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Owned lol

subset7

subset7

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Installation and Erection technician.

Epic,I wish that was my job title lol:shock:,oh and I build scenery for TV and Film.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Im in building maintenance and restoration. Its a s**t job, i hate it, work away alot but the money is ok, cant have everything i guess:D

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
I'm recently got a job as a Geek Squad agent.

My Job title is Counter Intelligence Agent.

Basically, if you've seen chuck, you know what i do :D
not that nerd herd and buy more is nothing less than a brilliant homage to Geek Squad and Best buy.

I'm basically in store tech support.
I diagnose, repair, upgrade, install, setup, configure and generally play with anything remotely techie, from Phones, to desktops, laptops, macs, home theatre, networking, TV's etc.
I also maintain the store demo kit and maintain the stores network. Making sure all the demo stock is working and talking to each other.
At the moment i have 20 laptops, 6 TV's, 2 PS3's, an Xbox360, a Wii, an Apple TV, 3 NAS Drives and a Sonos system all talking too each other. It's fun to play :D

I'm also responsible for training and keeping the team updated on new tech, highlighting issues that may arise for customers and helping them deal with tech problems.

It's a lot of fun and they pay is quite nice too.

Oh, i also have unrestricted internet access and three Cisco 877's to play with so i get to practice for my CCNA while i level my fishing skill :P

mark.jpg

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,147 posts
Not many people here who do a hard days graft.:D
I'm a welder,fabricator and do the odd job on the Laser,that some of you guys have had.;)

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users