Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

USB Devices Cutting out randomly after OC... Possible freezing?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
This is odd, when re overclocking my computer, after a certain point in time, the USB devices cut out and the computer appears to freeze, I can't tell as I have no input devices working.

Why is this happening?

Jacka

Jacka

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Why is this happening?

The overclock is unstable and the computer is crashing.
I like sausages, biscuits and beer, but not at the same time, that would be weird
Posted Image

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yeah but this is the weird thing, it doesn't restart, blue screen or anything it just completely freezes.

markwrc

markwrc

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
that means that your overclock is seriously off
Project: Ascension
::eVGA 4-way SLI Classified::i7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.29v<dance1>::Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz 8-9-8-18::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/1503 in SLI<dance1>::Corsair HX1000w::MM Extended Ascension CYO
Quad Loop, 1st CPU, 2nd GPU 1&2, 3rd GPU 3&4, 4th, Mobo.
::EVGA SR-2<dance1>::2x XeonE5620<dance1>::2xCorsair Doms 1600::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/150::Antec TPQ1200OC:MM Extended Ascension CYO = coming up hopefully

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I've had higher OC's with the same settings before, on the same cpu motherboard etc... ill do some more investigation.

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

Always needs to be faster!!!

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
USB's controled IOH / SB - needs more voltage

You've not got enough voltage runnining somewhere. Might even need more CPU-V (has enough to get into windows but not enough @ 100% loadup)

~Bex
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hmm, Well I seem to have fixed the problem, one of the things I did not do this time, that I did before was change the dram-qpi link voltage (I think) to 1.66, yes would be 1.65 as according to specs, however asus only go in 0.02 increments.

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
i have the same issue when i leave the pc alone for many hours... but my mouse still works :P

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users