Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whats the better case here?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Looking to upgrade my whole pc,but keep the mobo,cpu,ram and Gpu's(i will change to a Fermi if i get enough cash together).

Im considering a few things,but im wanting something masive,with so much space to swing a cat in! like a lian li pc-343b server cube case, Silverstone Tj07 or maybe a corsair obsidian 700d.

i am swinging more towards the server cube,to have one side dedicated to cooling specifically and the other obviousy to house my gear and air cool to the max in that side using a few ideas i have using an aircon unit(its an idea,ive still to look into properly :))

Look forward to hearing your ideas.
John

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
You can always buy 2xcase and made cube. My friend did cube from 2x old high towers. What do you think?

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

You can always buy 2xcase and made cube. My friend did cube from 2x old high towers. What do you think?

I was thinking that,but im not 100%sure how to,my modding know how is limited,is there places i can send the cases of to?

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • 738 posts
M8 when doing 2x case for cube you need to use your modding skills and your imagination. Its not so hard tbh. You have tolls and time there is no limits in modding. My friend did it at his home using tools like drill and dremel. You have many shops where you can buy that tolls. For me going to shop and buying case ready to put mobo and wc in its not modding. Drill and dremel in use its mean modding going on :)

TheHowster

TheHowster

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
Take a look at the coolermaster ATCS 840. Its huge. Compare its dimensions to the corsair, silverstone, and lian li's and you will soon see what I mean.
Posted Image

Bex "Hitatchi are piles of unreliable runny poo!"

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeah,im still looking into it mate :),i did use body filler on my current case,Cm690 to replace the power buttons and leds,the case its self looks like its never had gaps there.

I like the look of the lian li cube,but i might look at doing it myself,or speaking to a few people i know that work in it,and wait for an old server case to be slung out :)

the coolermaster its self looks quiet nice aswell.

TheHowster

TheHowster

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
Wait until you see the work I have just had done on mine. They are reasonably priced aswell.
Posted Image

Bex "Hitatchi are piles of unreliable runny poo!"

markwrc

markwrc

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
if you want to make a cube just buy a Mountain Mod's case's they are friggin HUGE, the one that i have can hold 3x 480mm rads 3x 360mm rads and a 120mm rad, there is no point in joining 2 together if you can buy one already done for you... waste of money tbh, i still have a V2010 and 2x 800D's sitting around doing nothing
Project: Ascension
::eVGA 4-way SLI Classified::i7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.29v<dance1>::Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz 8-9-8-18::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/1503 in SLI<dance1>::Corsair HX1000w::MM Extended Ascension CYO
Quad Loop, 1st CPU, 2nd GPU 1&2, 3rd GPU 3&4, 4th, Mobo.
::EVGA SR-2<dance1>::2x XeonE5620<dance1>::2xCorsair Doms 1600::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/150::Antec TPQ1200OC:MM Extended Ascension CYO = coming up hopefully

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • 738 posts

if you want to make a cube just buy a Mountain Mod's case's they are friggin HUGE, the one that i have can hold 3x 480mm rads 3x 360mm rads and a 120mm rad, there is no point in joining 2 together if you can buy one already done for you... waste of money tbh, i still have a V2010 and 2x 800D's sitting around doing nothing

WHat i meant it wos to buy some cheap 2x case and do cube but its moding needed. Right now i have 800D and really happy. Proper case imo and have space for everything what is needed to keep running my amd platform oc'ed.

markwrc

markwrc

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
i hate the 800D its just too heavy 20kg and a front that doesnt match the rest of the case is a bit retarded
Project: Ascension
::eVGA 4-way SLI Classified::i7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.29v<dance1>::Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz 8-9-8-18::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/1503 in SLI<dance1>::Corsair HX1000w::MM Extended Ascension CYO
Quad Loop, 1st CPU, 2nd GPU 1&2, 3rd GPU 3&4, 4th, Mobo.
::EVGA SR-2<dance1>::2x XeonE5620<dance1>::2xCorsair Doms 1600::EVGA GTX480 SC @789/1000(2000)/150::Antec TPQ1200OC:MM Extended Ascension CYO = coming up hopefully

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeah,ive still to look at mountain mods cases,well,i cant find any links atm,so if anyone can help me?another issue is that i have,the three of my friends i mainly hang with/game ect have three of the best cases on the market,and there the ones im looking at,while there cases would be easiest to go with,i want something unique,and different.
another issue i have is that it has to be small enough for lans,and easy to transport.either that or i'll just have to use my current case as a lan case,and transfer stuff over when heading to a lan,which could be a pain.

Edit:i did the smart thing and google mountain mods,im such a tard...

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • 738 posts
How much money you wanna spent on case and what three best cases on market your friends have?

http://www.mountainmods.com/index.php

There you can check what they offer and order or try to buy in uk.

Small case?

..."Im considering a few things,but im wanting something masive,with so much space to swing a cat in! like a lian li pc-343b server cube case, Silverstone Tj07 or maybe a corsair obsidian 700d."...

Then small or massive you need?

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

i hate the 800D its just too heavy 20kg and a front that doesnt match the rest of the case is a bit retarded

That's why people invented Alu and Lian-Li took that into account lol

I know the pain of having a steel case...

@OP

Did you consider PC-343?

My Blog => http://adriank.org

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Hey,when i say small,i mean something like a tj07,just smaller then a cube.
My brother has a Tj07 and its a nice case,my friends have a Cosmos s black edition and 800D.

My budget isnt to much to bother,im allowing myself around £500 for everything,but i can probably see myself spending about more,so say about £200/250 for the case.ive yet to troll through ebay and have a look there.

And yes Spoon,the PC-343 is up there as a choice,but the downsize is being that big,i'll never get it on a table at a lan :( so no-one will see my work

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • 738 posts
Meaby Posted ImageLian-li PC-A71FB?

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
ATCS 840 all the way, relatively cheap for its size (around £150) and fits a 240 rad and 360 rad with no modding.

me and Howster both using them atm, amazing "little" cases :)

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
personally im loving the Silverstone Fortress FT02.
it's a lovely case and a bit different

http://www.silversto...o=FT02&area=usa

mark.jpg

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
hold on a second, is that a sideways pc? :P like inverted rotated ATX? xD

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
yeah... like i said...different. i really like it. it's kinda got mac looks.

mark.jpg

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Hey guys,ive looked at the Ft02 its such a nice case,but its not big enough for what im looking at,i love how different it is but.i believe my brother is changing to a mountain mod soon,so i might just go with a Tj07.the decisions going to be tough.no doubt in the next couple of months there will be new cases out,so im still going to keep looking,and decide 2 days before ordering.so there will be alot of design works on the forums asking for help too.

but i am curious,has anyone put 2 cases together to make a cube?if so,do you's have pictures?im just eliminating all ideas :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users