Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

crysi demo droped to oct 26

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

koganinja

koganinja

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
sorry for the bad news peps
Posted Image

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
AWWWWW thank god! means i wont be left out, i should have my net connection back by then, WOOOOOOOT.

unlucky for you sods though :P

cant wait to put my rig to use on this game

chris
Posted Image

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
I found this out last night. I burst in to tears!

Tears of joy of course. I just find it funny that the fan boy community did not see this coming. no offense but anyone could have seen this coming a mile off. Time and time again Crytek have let you people down and you still go back for more.

Bad news for them, but i got a giggle out of it lol!

Don't you find it funny that they don't give two s**ts about their customers?

post edited by mattblackone
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Memory: 4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX480

Hard Drive: 40GB Mushkin Callisto (OS), WD Raptor X 150GB, Seagate 2TB, 500GB ext Sound Card: Audigy 4/5.1 surround sound Power Supply: Corsair 520HX

Case: CM 690 Dominator CPU cooling: Fuzion V1, PA120.3, DDC Ultra + XSPC Res Top OS: Windows 7 Professional 64/Ubuntu 9.04 Monitor: 32LG7000 1080p

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts
Erm...that last sentence makes no sense :/

Of course they care about their customers - who else is going to buy the game?!

The problem was they gave themselves too tight a schedule - if the BETA had been perfect then it wouldn't have mattered, but it wasn't and so they are obviously having to make changes to the code which are taking a while...

In the end, the game will be better because of it
Posted Image

Scott

Scott

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hope im not sounding stupid but i thought the demo was single player? not multiplayer?

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
it is, but i beleive it has the mp part in it too, but i doubt it.

we will find out soon i guess though

chris
Posted Image

Scott

Scott

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Im in such a mess about what to do with my gfx card though. dont know wether to go all out now and buy an 8800gtx or wait till the 9 series. ive read about the 9 series but i dont know whats bulls***t and whats not. its driving me mad lol!

Edited by mattblackone

Wizards_Sleeve

Wizards_Sleeve

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
go for an 8800GTX if your wallet can stretch to it! mines awesome. No game can slow it down, and everything now looks like it should with all sliders at max and AA/AF max! can't see a reason for buying a 9800 (raddy legend!!) unless your loaded and the specs justify it?
Posted Image

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
I don't see why you don't opt for a cheaper solution and get a 2900XT + a 6-8 pin converter.

OC the beast and it performs on average about 4 - 8 frames worse than a 8800GTX. In some games it beats the ULTRA!
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Memory: 4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX480

Hard Drive: 40GB Mushkin Callisto (OS), WD Raptor X 150GB, Seagate 2TB, 500GB ext Sound Card: Audigy 4/5.1 surround sound Power Supply: Corsair 520HX

Case: CM 690 Dominator CPU cooling: Fuzion V1, PA120.3, DDC Ultra + XSPC Res Top OS: Windows 7 Professional 64/Ubuntu 9.04 Monitor: 32LG7000 1080p

Scott

Scott

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Never really been a big fan of the ATI stuff, had alot of problems with them but i do admit i'm an nvidia fan boy. Im not shy to part with the money but i would just be gutted if the 9 series comes out and whoops it.

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
make the mistake i mae and buy sli gtx lol

ill deny that im going to upgrade to g98 sli cards, but it always happens lol

and tbh, the 2900xt barely beats the gx, only in selective games, and in most, the gtx just runs away with the flag, the gts is considered a good competitor with it.

chris
Posted Image

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
The GTS doesn't stand a chance against the 2900XT :)

And like you said, the 2900 beats the GTX/ULTRA in selective games. Granted this does not make the 2900XT the best card on the market.

But to say it can beat the best card on the market sometimes for £100 less. I know which one i would choose ;)

Scott

Scott

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
i doubt i would buy 2 of them lol, well not at the minute anyway. i am swaying towards just going ahead and buying an 8800 gtx and like you say fresh ill probably end up getting a new 9 series card when it comes out anyway because im stupid.

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
my mate bought a 2900xt, and i was shocked at the new catalyst drivers just released for it, he got a major improvment, and i have this dark cloud in my mind that soon they will be up next to the gtx lol. i cant see nvidia squeezing more power out of them.

chris
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users