Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Core i7 920 @ 3.69 ghz, any ideas on how to get higher without raising vcore?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

BrightCandle

BrightCandle

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
Seeing as how its OCUK if I was given a screwdriver in thier shop I probably would kill everyone there. But then I nearly ended up taking them to court.

OCUK = BAD BAD BAD

Checkout Reseller raitings for them, you don't get <5.0 out of 10 without being really bad.

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Well I am unhappy with their service. Today my mother very kindly took in my motherboard for me... they had a go at her about why I hadn't reported the fault earlier. She then mentioned about buying a flash drive when she comes to pick up the replacement, the guy got the wrong idea and very curtly told my mother that they closed at 5:30 and it was now 5:50. My mum was there at 5:20, before closing time, it was only their inadequate shop floor staff as to why she waited so long before being attended to.

Anyway rant over, I vowed a friend I would never shop their again cause his Dad was the owner and beginner of Overclockers and many years ago the other partner managed to somehow eject him so to speak. Not sure on details so If you enjoy shopping from them please continue to do so.

Anyway my motherboard is returned now so I will have to see what they determine. I hope I get a new motherboard as Asus won't deal with warranties on boards, only laptops and server hardware.

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Ok this just got weirder. I have just had an email returned from OCuk regarding the motherboard, ram and processor. They have found no faults with any of them! Ok I have screen-shots which prove only 4GB of ram is being recognised. The only components they haven't tested now are the two DVD WR drives and my hard drive. I have heard that possibly tightening the HSF too much can lead to ram not being fully recognised, or shorting out the motherboard. I'll reassemble it tomorrow and see what happens.

BrightCandle

BrightCandle

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
They did the exact same thing to me, which is how I nearly ended up in court. Start recovery via Visa/your bank asap, don't accept any returns from them, make sure they are left holding both the goods and the money so its a clear cut case for Visa to recover your costs.

Then when its all over go to scan.co.uk rebuy your items and live in the nice knowledge that if goes wrong you'll have replacements within days.

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Ok this worries me a lot. I paid for this motherboard in Cash, or possibly debit card, I can't remember. Therefore I assume I have no recourse for my bank recovering the costs :(. I can't believe they have got it working, I am quite sure it isn't... tried everything, have screen shots to prove it! If I could I would readily return my case, and motherboard and hsf and buy a case with better airflow, a slightly cheaper motherboard and some wc from here :(.

Astridax93

Astridax93

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Right I have found the receipt. One transaction was taken with my debit card, one with my mother's. I am going to reply to the email OCuk sent me asking initially for advice on what to do and send some screen shot evidence (assuming I can find it :S). It is possible my hsf (titan fenrir) backing plate was shorting some of the circuits, seen as I did not give it to them to test they would not be able to check this.

They apparently have tested the Ram, motherboard, and cpu. What annoys me about this whole thing is if they had taken the whole computer initially, it would have been immediately obvious of the fault, and they would be able to find the reason better than I could seen as they have the available hardware to test each part in isolation :<.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users