Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Best folding settings for SMP client

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

TranquilHegemeny

TranquilHegemeny

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have just been reading up on some recent developments:

If you are running an SMP client and can leave the PC folding then configuring your PC to run the a3 experimental cores can really boost your ppd.

To do that you will need to first have a pass key configured (you can get one from the FAH website) in your client. Then make sure you have -advmethods switch set. Run 10 qualifying a2 cores within the time limits.

I'll write more when I have got mine going. At the mo Ive only been running a1 cores so will have to take a little while to be able to confirm what happens and the details of what to configure.

TranquilHegemeny

TranquilHegemeny

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I've looked into things a little more. This is only really good for people with twin Xeons and a heavily clocked i7. The turn around time on the work units is pretty tight and the bonus you get depends on the speed on turn around.

That having been said, if you do have such a system. Once you have you qualifying 10 a2/a3 folds done. You should then switch to -bigadv instead of -advmethods, in order to get these super sized jobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users