Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

It Arrived Today

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
my new card arrived today must say looks lovely and runs sweet on BC2 visuals look gr8
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and at some point i wanna install a 280 radiator in the roof of the case and water up the 5770 and a 120m rad at the back for the cpu and go from air to water :D:D and to make things even better wen the delivery guy turnt up i opened the box got the xfx out opened it and whalla a free copy of assasins creed for pc which wasnt stated on OCUK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D wat i find most wierd is that it states that the cards overclocked and runs at 5200mhz but y does gpu-z show it as 1300mhz Posted Image
http://www.overclock...=56&subcat=1515
even xfx states it runs at 5200 http://www.xfxforce....ies/5770.aspx#2
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
Nice, you got the xxx version??

Also, it looks like the non reference card, so may be a struggle to get a waterblock for it :/

Gpu-z shows it as 1300mhz, but x that by 4 and you get 5200mhz ;) Something to do with ddr5, same as ram u double it for ddr2 or treble for ddr3 or somethin like that :P

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • 828 posts
so its overclocked like it states u just cant see it on gpu-z and daaaaamn and yea got the xxx version buddy noisy fan thou wen at 100% lol good job i keep it at 50-60
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh lol somethin like that, not sure how to explain it tbh xD.

And yeh there silent at stock speeds, but crank em up bit and there noisy feckers.

Class lil cards though, well worth the money, and well worth gettin 2 and xfirin them, hold there own against a 5870 in most things!!

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • 828 posts
yea i was thinking of xfire wen with a gd board but thing is thou i cnt seem to find any good xfire boards that run 16x16 if u no wat i mean as i dnt realli wana go dwn ddr3 route yet was thinking bout the Gigabyte ma790x-ud3p but wen u fire it up in xfire it runs 8x8
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Well tbh m8 the 5770 will be fine on x8x8 so i read somewhere, the diff between x16 will be small if any. Only like gtx295 and the bigger ati cards and fermi will utilize x16 lanes i reckon.

Have mine in x16 x8 and its spot on.

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • 828 posts
wat board u running m8 and if thats the case mite think bout that board then but will it run 16x8 or 8x8 and seeing as i cnt get a waterblock for me card im gona water the cpu
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
The one in my sig below;)

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • 828 posts
o lol my bad bud just looked at ur board im tempted but seems to onli do sli not xfire how did u get round that mate :P have u got the xxx edition cards to
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
X58 does sli and xfire m8 ;)

Nah i just got the stock ones, but will oc them when i get em under water, hopefully at teh weekend :)

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • 828 posts
is the board d2 or d3 m8 as i dnt realli wana go dwn ddr3 yet but is tempting thou as that board is nice but id have to change platform as im amd
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Its ddr3 triple channel, though i know some people run dual channel ddr3, not ideal though lol

skyripper

skyripper

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Are there any DDR2 Core i7/9 boards? Thought they were all DDR3. Some i7 chipsets needing 3 (or 6) ram modules, some i5 using just 2 (or 4)..

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
No pretty sure there aint. Core i7 for triple channel and i5 for dual channel. Core i7 yeh you can run in 3x1gb or 3x2gb etc and i5 2x1gb and 2x2gb and so on :)

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
nice little cards these xfx 5770's, yeah the cooler is loud at max, I have mine at around 35%, bit of a hum but keeps it at 80C max in games at max settings. can't wait to get the second one next month in this pc... will be good!

gotta get some pics up of this pc soon, need to sort these damn cables though :\

reefer86

reefer86

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
they are nice cards i had one before grabbing a 5870, and i wish i would have just gone crossfire.
My Rig.

Case : Corsair 800D
CPU : AMD X4 965 C3
Ram : 4Gb Crucial Tracers 1600 7-7-7-18
Motherboard : Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P
Graphics : HIS 5870 - EK fullcover Block
Sound : XFI Titanium Pro
PSU : Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 750w
Storage : 80gb Intel SSD GX2 - 1Tb Storage
Cooling : Swiftech GTZ - EK 5870 FC Plexi -XSPC RS360 and XSPC RX120 - Xspc Res

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666