Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Programable LCD Display's (16x2 - 20x4) LCD Smartie.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
Hi All.. I've had alot of emails recently about installation problems with the LCD Character displays.. Most of which have been solved by installing the software correctly 8)

The LCD's are pretty easy to setup once you have the "knack" as it were.. I had a nightmare at first when i got them but it's quite easy now.

Uninstall LCD smartie & the patch just to be on the safe side and i'll detail the setup from start to finnish for you all..

Make sure you have no issue's within your device manager on the parallel port to start off with..

Turn your PC Off.... :!:

Step1: Plug the Molex into the power plug inside your pc and the parallel plug into the parallel port on the back of your PC.

Step 2: Connect the black pin connector onto the circuit board and make sure both the arrows line up as in Pin1 to Pin1 otherwise your display won't work.

Step3: Turn your PC on and boot into windows and install the latest version of LCD smartie.
http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/

Step4: Re-boot after installation 8)

Step5: Install the Port95 Fix from this link http://lcdsmartie.so...et/port95nt.exe

Step6: Re-boot after installation 8)

Step7: Boot back into windows and run LCD Smartie up..

Step8: Configure LCD Smartie to run from a parallel port connection in the options and also set it to run a 16x2 or 20x4 character display as the program can run numerous displays.

Step9: Close LCD Smartie saving the settings and run the program again.

Step10: Install Complete. You should now see the default LCD smartie display message on your LCD screen which can be configured to display anything you want. :lol:

The End Result.. <thumb>

Posted Image

If you still get problems.. You know where to contact me ;)

ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
LCD Studio is another good program to use, I use it for making custom displays for my G15, works with many different LCD screens aswell.

Posted Image

E8400@4Ghz, 4GB OCZ Reaper PC6400, Biostar Tpower i45, Asus GTX275, Asus Xonar DS, 8TB HDD space, Logitech G15 rev2, Roccat Kone, Lian Li V2000

peterclark

peterclark

• Members
  • 1 posts
Any experience with this and Windows Vista? Can't get it to display any text ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users