Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New dartfrog vivarium

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
Yes males tend to be smaller and slimmer - and they call. But unless they are calling there's no 100% way to tell really. Fingers crossed :)
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Eh i asked the same q twice lol.

Do they not start calling when they are mature? Like if their voice breaks :D

I keep my fingers crossed aswell then mate ;)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Just heard calling! :D
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yiha!!!

From the lil fella, or is it to hard to tell who was croaking :)?

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Not 100% sure but yeah think it was the little dude :D The calling had stopped when I went over to check but he (?) was sat right next to the biggest female.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
James brown playing tonight?

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Hehe True Blood Season 2 oddly enough.Perhaps the american accents made them feel at home

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Thread resurrection! Spotted the male transporting a tadpole on his back this morning and it's now been put into one of the bromeliad pools! :D

That is all.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,147 posts
So there's gonna be a lickle dartfrog on the way then Agghhhhh thas cute.:hug:

Andy

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
yay!! the pitter patter of tiny little webbed feet

....hmm sounds like texas.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
lol!

Posted Image

We've called it Elvis for some reason :)

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
Was that related to the same episode that you posted about in June? :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Was that when snails ate the spawn? I can't remember now :)

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
25th June.... "Not 100% sure but yeah think it was the little dude :D The calling had stopped when I went over to check but he (?) was sat right next to the biggest female. " :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Ooo yes :) - it was the little dude in the end and they are now the pair. I need to find a new home for the third wheel really, it seems happy enough but I feel for it a bit - it must be like sharing a flat with a couple :rolleyes:

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
I had no idea it took frogs so long to..... whatever the right term is for them. Gestate?

At the old house, we had a pond and frogs, heard plenty of croaking in warm summer evenings but can't remember when the frogspawn turned up......or the tadpoles...... stupid forgetful brain. For 100% wild frogs, some were quite alright with gently being picked up and looked at :)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Well they only take 2 weeks really to hatch - the frogs have been courting for a few months now but this is the first tadpole that's been successfully produced. UK frogs do seem quite docile - you'd never get one of these to let you pick it up willingly :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users