Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Coolermaster CM690-II

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

dazz25

dazz25

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi all,

I'm after a new case at the moment. I'm currently looking at the coolermaster CM690-II.

Has anybody got this case or worked with one? It seems like you can fit 2 240mm rads in the top and bottom without mods which would be ideal for my setup!

Any advise on this case or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Zaz

Zaz

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I have this case, im yet to work on it but as far as i can see, you need a slim/stealth rad in the top to clear the motherboard and you need to remove a HDD caddy to install a standard size 240 at the bottom, leaving two dedicated 3.5" bays.

Also, while you can fit a normal rad in the bottom, you will restrict the size of PSU you can install. I use an OCZ 600w currently, 16cm long and i could just about squeeze a rad in. Anything bigger, Corsair HX850 for example, no chance.

My setup will be an xspc rs240 at the top and some 120.1 on the rear, inside or our, i havent decided. This is so i can keep multiple drives and upgrade my PSU later :)

I would suggest a different case for any other setup if you like 3/4 HDD's etc
Asus p7p55d le ¬ Zalman 9900 NT¬ i5 750 ¬ Patriot Viper 4Gb 1333 ¬ Asus EAH4890 1Gb twinfan ¬ OCZ ModX 600w ¬ Sony 24x ¬ F3 500Gb x 2 ¬ 200Gb Dump ¬ Dell SP2309W ¬ CM 690 ii Advanced

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
Hey Zaz :D You gonna post up a build log when you get stuck in? I quite like the 690s... it would be cool to see a load of pics ;) *hint hint*

Zaz

Zaz

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Well, i should do really, its such a nice case. Ive built quite a few machines in the past but always been workhorses with no real attention to detail. This is the first time ive paid the PC its dues and its infuriatingly addictive.

Plus its my first go at WC and ive got to get it right first time, no margin of error, so i think a worklog will slow me down enough to achieve my aims.

Short answer: yes i think i will :D
Asus p7p55d le ¬ Zalman 9900 NT¬ i5 750 ¬ Patriot Viper 4Gb 1333 ¬ Asus EAH4890 1Gb twinfan ¬ OCZ ModX 600w ¬ Sony 24x ¬ F3 500Gb x 2 ¬ 200Gb Dump ¬ Dell SP2309W ¬ CM 690 ii Advanced

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
Good answer ;) :D:D:D

ChainsawBunny

ChainsawBunny

• Members
  • 5 posts
I bought this case recently, it's fantastic.

I have a corsair h-50 running on the CPU and will be putting a watercooled Geforce 470 in when I can get a waterblock.

I have the XSPC 240 radiator (dual width/height) and it fits great into the bottom of the case.

The only bad thing about the case it that the hard drive noise reduction is not as good as lian-li's.

First time in years I have swapped from lian-li cases !!!

Zaz

Zaz

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
bottom mounted rads for this case are fine so long as youre happy with just 2 hdd bays and a small psu.

you wont fit sth like a corsair hx750 in with a 240 rad, just not enough room sadly.

not actually test fitted it yet but i have a black ice gt stealth 280 for the top alongside a black ice sr-1 120 for the back which should murder a cpu and gpu's cooling requirements.

ChainsawBunny

ChainsawBunny

• Members
  • 5 posts
I have a Corsiar 620hx that fits with the rad.

I am happy with 2 hard drives. 1 for windows and 1 for games.

I use the top externall hard drive space for a data drive for all my dodgy downloads.

Zaz

Zaz

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
620w is great and will run most anything, but would you trust it to operate smoothly with SLi or Xfired cards ? i wouldnt personally, id want 750w+ and for that wattage, i cant find a decent psu that would fit alongside a 240 rad.

ChainsawBunny

ChainsawBunny

• Members
  • 5 posts
I dont do SLI so I am happy.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Thread rivival ftw!

Just got mine yesterday. Had to tap the stand off holes on mobo tray as it seems Coolermaster forgot to do this lol. The 4 rear holes on I/O side were the only ones not done, nice and awkward it was!

Otherwise its a great case, just need some more fans!

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
im thinking of gettin the windowed edition of the case as i wanna do a new project at some point :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
I couldnt find the windowed one in stock :( Had to get the one with the panel with the 2 fan mounts. Could easily pop a window in though :D I'll get some pics up soon :)

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
you can buy the side panel with the window on i think u gotta go direct to CM and gdgd mate cant wait
Posted Image

Posted Image

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh mate, something like 20 euro which aint bad at all for the side panel :)

I need to sort out these bsod before i get pics up :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users