Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Illuminated Flooring - How To

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Skorchio

Skorchio

How much can i fit in this space, ow i can fit loads in this spa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts
If you have been following my filtration project closely you would have seen all my R n D on this flooring but I finally (after about 2 months playing around with LEDS and CC’s) found a product that would give me exactly what I need and they are Electro Luminescent panels.
Posted Image

To get a custom made panel to fit the base of the TJ07 it would have cost way over £200 so I opted for 2x A4 size panels at around £50 each.

They normal run off 240 volts with a 12 adapter, perfect all i need to do is a slight molex mod.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As you can see below the 2 panels where different shades, cut a long boring elecci tecki talk, I needed to run both panels off the same inverter. So all I did was cut the cable and solder it back on to the other inverter (keeping the wires the same length).

Posted Image
Posted Image

This solved my colour problem but now as i d taken the cheap route and opted for 2 panels you could see where they joined and this was not good enough. I was always going to run a diffusion filter over the top of the panels to soften the light but this would only hide the line when it was 13 mm off the panel, hence me having to raise my floor like I have (although I like how it looks this high).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

And there you have how I did it :D Remember you can put any colour filter over the top and create any coloured glowing floor. Or even lay a shape or logo on the EL panel and the shadow displayed on the diffusion filter, the possibilities are endless.

Please pop over and take a look at my full project log. The links in my sig.

Skoch

TheGecko

TheGecko

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Lol - I've been looking into the EL panels over the last few weeks as well :) Hadn't gotten around to getting a quote for a custom size one, but the price sounds typical.

I was pondering on using a frosted acrylic panel to diffuse the light, but your paper solution might prove easier - nice one ;)

craigr1982

craigr1982

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Nice, i did have an inkling about how it was done.

Costly tho, but its worth it for the looks
Craigr1982
----------
Monolith - Asus P5KE-WiFi, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz, XFX GTX275, 22" TFT + 19" TFT, 12" TFT Case Mounted
----------
Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Skorchio

Skorchio

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
Yeh well owrth it :)

Yes i tried everything and the papper gave the best finish!

Festa T

Festa T

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Ive been using EL sheeting for years in custom car audio builds and the effects can be unreal. The only thing you have to be careful with is it can die very easily if bent. Avoid bending at all cost.

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
What about cutting?

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

Skorchio

Skorchio

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
You can cut them up to an extent, some more than others. Ill be cutting my panel up tus night, so keep an eye on the project :)

Skorchio

Skorchio

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
Showing how they can be cut

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wala!! It worked and now i can can clean the mess in my pants :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is the back of the panel, them two strips are the only bits you cant cut (to an extent)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users