Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

crysis!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
http://uk.gamespot.c... ... lt;title;0

this could be the first game to really test your dual water cooled 8800GTX'S fresh, personally it by the makers of farcry which i rank as one of my fav games EVER.

please be good, please please please be good!!!
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
4 x 2gig Corsair dominator DDR2-8500
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Zalman 1000w modular heatpipe cooled PSU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
http://uk.gamespot.c... ... ay-movie-1

not the best vid, but you get the idea.

*poops self with excitement.*
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
He's cryin himself to sleep over it at the moment because Bit Tech have just played a demo and they said its absolutely aweful!!!

The only good thing is the actual GFX, but apparantly its way to easy amongs other stuff.

EDIT:
http://www.bit-tech.... ... _preview/1

marcus.jpg

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
multi player should be a blast tho!!
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
aye, marcus is right, ive been following this game since its concept (i was probably one of the biggest far cry fans of all time lol long live crytek) and crysis was 70% of why i made this pc..... so the moment the first preview write up came out by bit tech (the first one on the web i beleive) i read it.... and oh dear god, ive never been so broken lol

im that mad about this game, i have EVERY vid ever made on this game on one of my 500's in its own folder with all artwork and screenshots released.

they genuinly didnt like it, if i remember correctly, there was no more than a paragraph of "the visuals look amazing" and thats about it, the rest was just slagging it off....... :(

and also the release of dx10.1 is bullshite as well, my gpus wont support it, same theory as dx9-b/c kind of thing, the g92 cards are the only ones that are going to support dx10.1 so ill be stuck with basic dx10, meaning crysis and all its glory graphics (like i said, apparently the only decent thing about it) will be be restricted unless on a g92 card.

although, i dont beleive it is as bad as they say... ill just stick it on ultra hard mode to get the best sense of completion out of it hopefully

release is november the 13th i beleive. was meant to be next month.

fresh :cry:
Posted Image

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
yeah gamespy are still saying sept 12th, so your saying my 8800gts 640 has no frikkin chance then.....

ah well, at least ill be able to play original farcry at decent res now lol
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
it was originaly showcased on a overclocked gts at 680/1980, and it ran sweet as a nut on a 17" @ native resolution with everything cranked on dx9.... and also, not forgetting this was last year december lol. so with the new drivers that are supposably fixing ALL issues (which will never happen, but a massive gain will be expected) with the g80 cards comeing out the same time as crysis (damned crytek and nvidia made a deal about it), you can almost promise you will be fine, specially with a C2Q and a couple of gigs of ram.

my only worry now is: How on earth am i going to explain to my future boss i have to travel 300 odd miles to play a game for a week....

fresh
Posted Image

cobalt6700

cobalt6700

I glow in the dark?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
umm ive played it <bigparty>
Posted Image

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
Fresh i know how you feel bud.. i was exactly the same waiting for Quake 4 to arrive since i'd been playing Quake 2 for 8/9 years!

I pre ordered the game online and it arrived on the release date (which had been put back like 10 times) but i finally got my mits on it.. Installed it then thought omg this is bad!

After 2 hours i couldnt take anymore, uninstalled and its still in the draw now colecting dust :(

What a shocking follow up in the series! :(

Wizards_Sleeve

Wizards_Sleeve

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Fresh i know how you feel bud.. i was exactly the same waiting for Quake 4 to arrive since i'd been playing Quake 2 for 8/9 years!

I pre ordered the game online and it arrived on the release date (which had been put back like 10 times) but i finally got my mits on it.. Installed it then thought omg this is bad!

After 2 hours i couldnt take anymore, uninstalled and its still in the draw now colecting dust :(

What a shocking follow up in the series! :(

'Twas v poor Rob wasn't it. Nothing liek a good quake game should be!
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Never played Quake 2 but I borrowed Q4 and played it to the end.

It was dull, but way better than Doom 3 which I've still not finished I was so bored!

ian.jpg

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

it was originaly showcased on a overclocked gts at 680/1980, and it ran sweet as a nut on a 17" @ native resolution with everything cranked on dx9.... and also, not forgetting this was last year december lol. so with the new drivers that are supposably fixing ALL issues (which will never happen, but a massive gain will be expected) with the g80 cards comeing out the same time as crysis (damned crytek and nvidia made a deal about it), you can almost promise you will be fine, specially with a C2Q and a couple of gigs of ram.

my only worry now is: How on earth am i going to explain to my future boss i have to travel 300 odd miles to play a game for a week....

fresh

easy.

dont tell him. :D
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
@ fresh,

you need a job where you work from home :)

Ian.

ian.jpg

koganinja

koganinja

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
peps the demo is next month and the full game is november
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users