Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thermochill EC6 Coolant Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts
Good review Aaron, hope your family doesn't glow under UV light now from all that coolant freezing/cooking :lol:

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Very nice review. My question is why ppl avoid colored ones like Thermochill EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - UV Blue and using clear ones only with uv tubing? Im thinking to fill up my new loop with this Thermochill EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - UV Blue and Tygon R3603 Hose with some UV Cathodes.

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts
On the point of a litre of clear coolant for £7.99, would you personally (aimed at Aaron) pay the extra over getting several litres of distilled water and adding additives such as PT Nuke separately?

You say:

"
With a lot of new coolant which has been realsed lately and with past experience with others, I would recommend to give the Clear coolant a try. Instead of Distilled water with PT Nuke or Kill-coils (Sliver alternative will work)."

But is the extra cost really worth it when the distilled water will be just as effective, especially with added silver?

I can understand the point of the clear (i.e. for people who don't understand how to use additives or are too lazy to mix their own), but maybe it would be worth making that separation in the review, or would you recommend clear for everyone?

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts

Very nice review. My question is why ppl avoid colored ones like Thermochill EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - UV Blue and using clear ones only with uv tubing? Im thinking to fill up my new loop with this Thermochill EC6 Non Conductive Coolant - UV Blue and Tygon R3603 Hose with some UV Cathodes.

Some people have had troubles with some of the coloured fluids

Pablo

Pablo

Monster Hunter MK2

• Members
  • 3,274 posts
Would be nice to see how it goes with tygon, quality tubing (hence the price), but can cloud with poor liquids

Would be nice to know how it will fair.

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts

Good review Aaron, hope your family doesn't glow under UV light now from all that coolant freezing/cooking :lol:

Thanks Adrain, Aye, i've used an old saucepan and for the freezing test the bottle was put in two Tesco freezer Bags.

People tend to avoid coloured liquid as there has been a few problems with dye breaking up and gunking up the loop. However those with problems have had a factor which the coolant doesn't like.

I think the blue would look really good with some R3603 Tubing.

Would be nice to see how it goes with tygon, quality tubing (hence the price), but can cloud with poor liquids

Would be nice to know how it will fair.

I am willing to test this with some tygon, if someone would send me a meter to play with.

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
I think we have a few small pieces of tygon in b stock.. drop me an email mate and i'll see what i can send you over.

We have some EC6 Blue and Red in Tygon at the moment at work for about 4 months.. no staining what so ever.

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts
Thought I posted in this thread... :s

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts

On the point of a litre of clear coolant for £7.99, would you personally (aimed at Aaron) pay the extra over getting several litres of distilled water and adding additives such as PT Nuke separately?

I personal would buy it, as personal error can occur. It saves you time. With the last thing you want if it is your first set up is to wait when you are pumped up and want it working.

With a lot of new coolant which has been realsed lately and with past experience with others, I would recommend to give the Clear coolant a try. Instead of Distilled water with PT Nuke or Kill-coils (Sliver alternative will work).

But is the extra cost really worth it when the distilled water will be just as effective, especially with added silver?

Like i said it's an all in one mixture, easy for the user. If you buy your Distilled water for around £3 a litre and then you need to buy your silver, it works out around the same price. So i don't see it as an extra cost, just depends where you source your other items.

I can understand the point of the clear (i.e. for people who don't understand how to use additives or are too lazy to mix their own), but maybe it would be worth making that separation in the review, or would you recommend clear for everyone?

I would recommend the clear to anyone who doesn't want dyed coolants in they loops or are not sure about distilled water.

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
as a first time watercooler I've ordered the UV blue.

If it's ok with you Bentleya can I post some results/experiences here?

will be able to report on thursday next week (hopefully)

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
Not at all Matt go ahead and post your results.

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts

I personal would buy it, as personal error can occur. It saves you time. With the last thing you want if it is your first set up is to wait when you are pumped up and want it working.

[/font][font=Verdana]

Like i said it's an all in one mixture, easy for the user. If you buy your Distilled water for around £3 a litre and then you need to buy your silver, it works out around the same price. So i don't see it as an extra cost, just depends where you source your other items.

I would recommend the clear to anyone who doesn't want dyed coolants in they loops or are not sure about distilled water.

Fair enough mate :)

Skorchio

Skorchio

How much can i fit in this space, ow i can fit loads in this spa

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
Good review B, was the boiling to see if the die would separate like it has done on people rigs with other coolants?

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
Yes Nick that was the idea be hide the boiling. And when you freeze some coolants they clog up and form lumps.

Update on the Feser Extreme Tests, Just waiting to pick up my new camera.

And the little loop with copper block and a range of tubing will start when my tubing arrives from Rob :D.

Geralt

Geralt

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
hi!

I was just explaining on other forum how electrical condutivity goes on the real life and i thought i'll post it here as well for the EC6:

Quote:
The conductivity is measured in microsiemens per cm. Conductivity = 1 / resistivity.
50 microsiemens are 20,000 ohms.
300 microsiemens are 3,333 ohms.
so that means lesser conductivity value then greater resistance value and therefore less conductant

so for 2 microsiemens equation is:
2µS= 2x10^-6 S

convert 1/500000 S (siemens) to ohms that gives us 500 000 ohms

so going that route current is the thing that fries all the components

I (current)= V(oltage) / R ( resistance)

I= 12V/500000 ohms
I= 0.000024 Amps which is 24 microamperes which comparing to feser which has 120 microamperes is nearly nothing

hope that helps somewhat!

Also if there are any flaws in my understadnig it please tell me
" There are some things Man should not know, for rest is Google":D

" Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience"
:P

Chuck Norris knows more than Google<dance1>

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
Thanks for that post.. Basically we are less conductive than all of the competition.. :)

Geralt

Geralt

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
no problemo :)
" There are some things Man should not know, for rest is Google":D

" Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience"
:P

Chuck Norris knows more than Google<dance1>

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
using EC6 UV Blue as my first coolant:

Very nice colour when in hose/res, looks awesome under the blue LED's from my fans.
Unable to say about UV colour atm, will edit this post when I can
Smells pretty nice, doesnt stain carpet!

25C max temp so far on both cores.

another little edit: This stuff is amazing, I accidentally coated 3 inches of my mobo in EC6, mopped most of it up with some kitchen paper, could see a load left in there.

booted up just to see what happened. 10 hours later I'm still here, considering bathing a mobo in the stuff to see how it goes.

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
i cant see anything on that pic, will try on my pc when will go back home. Iphone is not best for this:).

This pic is with small res m8 but so far cant see anything :), its looks ok and im going for blue one for sure when finish case and be ready to fill up :)

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
nice idea to use different hoses mate, when I put in my next radiator + GPU I'll let you know what condition my hoses are in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users