Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

GazC

GazC

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
This game is currently ruining my social life. Its got a lot of small bugs, and can be really frustrating at times (remember to save regularly) but it is very engrossing, atmospheric and at times scary.

Trudging about on the wastelands, especially in the Cordon area do give me faint memories of being on Exercise in the Army (patrolling through barren countryside and wasteland with ruined buildings dotted around, the sounds of gunfire in the distance).

If you are looking for a game to lose yourself in, it's worth a play.

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
i only just got stuck in today, ive had it for ages, just only used it for benchin on the first level, but got stuck in for about 4 hours today, and it was brilliant, i know exactly what you mean, its the first game ive ever seen where when you run away, the enemy wont just go back to normal, they will tactically search for you until they give up, and even when you sneak out of cover, i love how one of the enemy spots you and points, shouts then bam, they all know where you are.

im not going to rate it as to yet, but its looking good after all the slagging off i gave it

fresh
Posted Image

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
ive just worked out the best way to kill enemies after spending all my ammo on trying to get one guy lol

i do a 'crysis' style thing, fast run up n close weaving left anf right, then shoot at stupid close range, but obviousy, if they have a shotgun, its all over!

fresh
Posted Image

GazC

GazC

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I find headshots also work quite well! :D

I saw something really funny last night. The game engine spawned a load of enemy (monolith) troops on top of an anomaly, who obviously died almost instantly. All you could see was a mountain of arms and legs!!

G

G

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. never really did for me, F.E.A.R on the other hand, scared the holy **** outta me. hate that jap gothic horror, makes me poop.
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
4 x 2gig Corsair dominator DDR2-8500
XFX 780SLI XXX MOBO
XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU
Zalman 1000w modular heatpipe cooled PSU
Razer Deathadder
22" samsung syncmaster

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Someone at work was telling me about the ABC mod for stalker (Advanced Balance and Collision) , apparently it's been done really well, adds alot more roaming mutants in, additional weather effects and more weapons to buy off the vendors.

Have a look here- http://stalker.filef...Collision;79656

probertm

probertm

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Havent played stalker yet but f.e.a.r frightened the crap out of me! especially when she tries to grab u on the ladders
Posted Image

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
STALKER is one of the best games i have ever played :) It was immersive and not a lot of games accomplish that anymore!

F.E.A.R was boring, dull and very repetitive. No skill and no story line involved. All you did was run and gun, got boring when i got to the 9th level so i sold it.

The scare tactics we also old. You want scare? Get Condemned Criminal Origins and then tell me F.E.A.R is scary :P
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Memory: 4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX480

Hard Drive: 40GB Mushkin Callisto (OS), WD Raptor X 150GB, Seagate 2TB, 500GB ext Sound Card: Audigy 4/5.1 surround sound Power Supply: Corsair 520HX

Case: CM 690 Dominator CPU cooling: Fuzion V1, PA120.3, DDC Ultra + XSPC Res Top OS: Windows 7 Professional 64/Ubuntu 9.04 Monitor: 32LG7000 1080p

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
I've just come across those things that psychic blast you - fook are they scary, make me jump everytime..jeez i hate them with a passion :oops:

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Very annoying to kill them as well :)
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Memory: 4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX480

Hard Drive: 40GB Mushkin Callisto (OS), WD Raptor X 150GB, Seagate 2TB, 500GB ext Sound Card: Audigy 4/5.1 surround sound Power Supply: Corsair 520HX

Case: CM 690 Dominator CPU cooling: Fuzion V1, PA120.3, DDC Ultra + XSPC Res Top OS: Windows 7 Professional 64/Ubuntu 9.04 Monitor: 32LG7000 1080p

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
I've always died trying!! How do you actually kill them :D

I tried a kamo approach in the end with nades and a sawn-off shotgun, bugger still got me :P .

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Yea, are you talking about the one in the tunnel? When you are trying to find Streloks hideout?

If so i couldn't kill it either :P

Then the one in the room with the brain scorcher. I just shot the living hell out of it and it died quite easily lol.

So the first one, i don't think you can kill. It is too far away, and before you even get close you are already dead :(

Daza

Daza

MR D to you.

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
Take one ak-47, aim, empty clip and smile at the dead creature.
MR D to you.

IcedEarth

IcedEarth

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
The GP + Scope pwned all!

AK47 wasn't too impressive on Stalker

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Yea, are you talking about the one in the tunnel? When you are trying to find Streloks hideout?

Yeah! That's the one at the start - the bastwardo!

I laid everything into it, even threw the cat at the screen (no, not really). You don't get much ammo to start with like, well i ain't picked much up. Or am i just terrible with ammo conservation generally 8)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
I can't get mine to run for more than about five or ten minutes before my whole system locks and reboots and infuriatingly I can't work out why :(
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Presumably you've checked the usual, i.e ram, psu rail voltage, detached any unnecessary devices internally/externally, removed sound card, pegged processor for long duration on prime etc? Just this particular game is it? What O/S you running again?

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Yep yep yep, passes all the standard stability tests, rails all fine, runs everything else perfectly..updated drivers, tweaked BIOS settings, reinstalled, you name it - it just won't run! :'(

I'm on XP Pro 32bit
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Hi Rich
its not a software conflict with a background task like anti virus/folding etc

Bill
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users