Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

WCUK Folding At Home Recruitment Drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Gooders

Gooders

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I've started but it looks as if the team is fairly quiet... we're losing positions.

I have a few questions as I'm new to this, if any veterans are willing to help me out.

Good lad

Will help if i can or will know somone that will

Keep It Cool-Water Cooled

http://www.brgdevelopments.co.uk

@brgdevelopments

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
*Moved to fresh thread (Realised I was hijacking!)*
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Welcome to the team :)

TBH it's been a bit lonely of late with just 5 active folders, we've dropped about 1,000 places in 8 months.

It's good to see 3 new folders in the team.

ian.jpg

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Welcome to the team :)

TBH it's been a bit lonely of late with just 5 active folders, we've dropped about 1,000 places in 8 months.

It's good to see 3 new folders in the team.

Any way we can generate more interest in this?
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
*****Big Bumpage*****

WCUK Folding Team is desperately in need of some new members as we're down to 3 active folders now!!

We can use any CPU or GPU cycles you have going spare to benefit both the team and medical science!!

If you're interested have a read here to see what it's all about and if you have any questions, just post them up.

ian.jpg

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Indeed, I've been having problems with the stability of my rig of late, hope to get it up and running again soon.

And what is Craig folding on? That's some seriously impressive pointage...

I'd be happy to help if anyone needs any pointers as how to set up clients.
Posted Image

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Indeed, I've been having problems with the stability of my rig of late, hope to get it up and running again soon.

And what is Craig folding on? That's some seriously impressive pointage...

I'd be happy to help if anyone needs any pointers as to how to set up clients.

:lol: I've started a new job and the guys are fairly easy-going, so I've got my workstation (Xeon X3450) quad-core with HT going which gets through a bigadv unit every three days, and we've just taken delivery of a dual-hexcore (with HT) server that I'm doing a burn-in on, plus I have a few quad-core VMs so they're chomping few a fair few WUs :)
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Very nice :)

Wish I could Fold on someone else's electricity bill!!

ian.jpg

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

:lol: I've started a new job and the guys are fairly easy-going, so I've got my workstation (Xeon X3450) quad-core with HT going which gets through a bigadv unit every three days, and we've just taken delivery of a dual-hexcore (with HT) server that I'm doing a burn-in on, plus I have a few quad-core VMs so they're chomping few a fair few WUs :)

Pah, you smell. I wanna play with enterprise toys :P
Posted Image

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
Live stats courtesy of FahMon: http://home.cwatson.org/ :D
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
Unfortunately I will be moving over to the dark side (aka CPC+Bit-tech) when I overtake OneEye at the top of the WCUK leaderboard, sorry guys :( feel like I could make more of a difference over there, at my current PPD I'd slot into number 6 on their top 20 list :)

Gooders

Gooders

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
poor show craig, but everyone has to move about

Keep It Cool-Water Cooled

http://www.brgdevelopments.co.uk

@brgdevelopments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users